FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Those without sin...

Author Topic: Those without sin...
Son_of_Priam
Member # 6411

- posted      Profile for Son_of_Priam   Email Son_of_Priam         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been looking through every Ender book I have, and I distincly remember a little story in the beggining of a chapter where a woman commited adultary and the rabbi(?) said let he who is with out sin cast the first stone and then bashed her head in with a rock and mentioned something to the effect that he is not without sin but what would civilization be if only those obsolved of all sin could punish the sinners. does anyone know what I'm talking about or better yet could give me a page number... I swear it must have been the last book amidst some of the god whispers of Han Qing Jiao. I've been looking for it for a week now, I think it might be in the middle of a chapter somewhere I just don't have the time to read the book again... bloody book reports taking me away from reading OSC's work

[ September 09, 2004, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Son_of_Priam ]

Posts: 73 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I just reread the Ender series... it's either in Xenocide or Children of the Mind.

I'll see if I can find it.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son_of_Priam
Member # 6411

- posted      Profile for Son_of_Priam   Email Son_of_Priam         Edit/Delete Post 
as a little side question, did OSC actually write those beggining of the chapter stories himself? some of them were really moving. Like the one where the husband got a dog that was part wolf and he defended the dog to his wife and then crashed in the mountains. I loved the last line "Thank god atleast one of us will not starve."

[ September 09, 2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Son_of_Priam ]

Posts: 73 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it's in Speaker for the Dead. It begins chapter 16, page 277 in the author's definitive edition.

Kat

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I didn't get a chance to look before it was already found. [Smile] Glad about it, too. I was way off! [Smile]

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son_of_Priam
Member # 6411

Thanks Kat, and Katarain I was apparently way off too. I've torn apart the Ender series looking for it. I could have sworn it was in Children of the Mind, or Xenocide. I'd looked through SFTD 3 times looking for it I don't know how I could have missed it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.