FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » sequel?

Author Topic: sequel?
cowboy
Member # 6865

- posted      Profile for cowboy   Email cowboy         Edit/Delete Post 
hi,
maybe some of you know if there is going to be a sequel of the main plot of "Ender's Game"?? (with descolade etc.)
i mean after "Children of the mind" (sorry if my translation isn't correct - i don't know the English title)

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's supposed to be that book that links the Shadow series with the Speaker series, and IIRC, it's supposed to occur after Children of the Mind. But I may be wrong, and you'll have to wait for the real experts on this forum.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and welcome to Hatrack. [Wave]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cowboy
Member # 6865

thx, but still would be nice to have one of these experts to asnwer... [Grumble]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.A.M.A.
Member # 6045

- posted      Profile for K.A.M.A.           Edit/Delete Post 
They don't like people from Poland.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Experts? Well there are lots of old-timers here. Actually, if you do a thread search, you will find we have answered many times, but we will again here...

basically what digging holes said is correct. (Have you also read the Shadow series?) There is at least one more book in the Shadow series - rumored to be titled "Shadow of the Giant", and then after that OSC is rumored to plan a book that joins the Ender series back with the Shadow series.

We don't know when it will be done (hopefully in this lifetime) or what it will be called.

Farmgirl

(pay no attention to the computer program known as K.A.M.A. -- it is a program developed in Poland...)

[ September 18, 2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cowboy
Member # 6865

i have no idea what this "Shadow series" is...
(the one from Alvin & comp.? [Razz] )
thank you for not making me to do a thread search [Wink]
after all - it's less time-consuming for you to write it than for me to look it up [Wink]
as for this "k.a.m.a. program" - to tell you the truth - i don't care [Cool]
btw how old is OSC?

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Shadow is the same time/place as the story of Ender's Game, except it is told from Bean's point of view. The whole story centers around Bean's history and life.

It's sequel is Shadow of the Hegemon and then after that is Shadow Puppets. From there, we go to what I stated above.

At the top of this page is a link that says "OSC Library" and it can list for you every book and series he has written, for your reference.

Hmmm.. How old is OSC? Well, I know he is older than me, and I'm 43. But how much older, I don't know for sure. I might be able to find it in a older thread.... I know his son Geoff is in college, if that helps give you an indication of his age. If you choose the "About Orson Scott Card" link also above, you might be able to determine it from his bio, if you figure from the years he graduated from college, etc.

In fact, feel free to explore all the links on this site -- there is a great deal of information all over...

Welcome to the forum, cowboy.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like digging holes and Farmgirl are both experts -- they did a great job explaining how the series goes.

OSC was born 24 August 1951.

[ September 22, 2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: kacard ]

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.