FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » the white prophet

Author Topic: the white prophet
Grendels Lair
Member # 6968

- posted      Profile for Grendels Lair   Email Grendels Lair         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished the 6th book of alvin series and was very disappointed to notice that the white prophet and his Crystal City wasnt even mentioned in that book.

was it decided that this thread of the story should be closed/missed in the next book or did it just died without even mentioning again.

can someone help me here? or at least let me know what he thinks? because that seemed to be an interesting thread that I would have like to know what would happen there.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
White Prophet is the working title of a short story slated to be written -- one which falls chronologically between books five and six in the series. There are already two such shorts out there -- Grinning Man and Yazoo Queen -- which can be found in the short story collections Legends and Legends II. When the third is written, there's talk of those three stories being released in a single volume. No info as to when it will be written or released (at least that I have), but last I knew the story was planned.

Welcome to Hatrack!

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grendels Lair
Member # 6968

- posted      Profile for Grendels Lair   Email Grendels Lair         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks papa moose nice to know I was afraid that I would never know what happened there...
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That really bugged me too.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmryllisLorelei
Member # 6974

- posted      Profile for AmryllisLorelei   Email AmryllisLorelei         Edit/Delete Post 
The sixth book of the Alvin series. . . you mean the one titled The Crystal City? That book? If so, I'm confused. Because to me it was *all* about Alvin and the his learning of how to build the city. And heal. Among many other things. Unless Alvin isn't the White Prophet. Sorry, I picked up Crystal City and just read it, but the last time I read the rest of them was a while back so I think I've forgotten some things. Rereading them now [Smile]
Posts: 17 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.