FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Lovelock questions

Author Topic: Lovelock questions
Scooter
Member # 6915

- posted      Profile for Scooter   Email Scooter         Edit/Delete Post 
(please, no spoilers) Just started the book (have read many of OCS's books so far) and saw that there was to be a 3 book series. Did that ever happen (my perception is that it didn't)? Will it? Any inside info? Did anyone enjoy this book? Thanks.
Posts: 83 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Rasputin is the next book in the series, and has not yet been written. Some of us are slowly dying every day waiting for it. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually avoided reading it for awhile because of the title, but when I did read it I absolutely loved it. I read it again recently, and I cannot wait until the next book comes out. (Though it will probably be a while.)
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Lovelock is one of the books on my shelf that I've reread several times. I adore it! I can't wait until OSC and Kathy Kidd colaborate again...especially if it's Rasputin. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I also just read it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Very funny, and completely captivating.

Will be anticipating the next collaboration with baited breath!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*hands im a piece of cheese* [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I loved that book.

Too bad that there won't be another. I mean, there might be...but we all know the truth.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'd heard that the end leaves you wanting more (which almost certainly won't come), so I'd avoided reading it, but finally had to (you all know how these compulsions are, I'm sure). Darn it! I want more!!!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Lovelock is great!

I bought it one evening, got home. Watched some TV. It got to be bedtime, but I have a sort of reading compulsion, so I thought I'd read a chapter or 2 before going to bed. At 3 am I finished the book.

*also eagerly awaits Rasputin*

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scooter
Member # 6915

- posted      Profile for Scooter   Email Scooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I finished it some time ago and really enjoyed it as well. Tried to get my wife to read it but she mocks me for sticking with one author so long...but hey, when you found something that works, stay with it.

I actually am taking a break and reading the Hobbit for the first time and that is fun too, but I miss the OSC style that includes interesting commentary on people and society in his own special way.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought it on sale a bit ago and read it... Then I found out there wasn't more yet. [Cry]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UConnBBall
Member # 7278

- posted      Profile for UConnBBall   Email UConnBBall         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished it last week and I also would love to see the second book. I thought it was a great book to make you think and laugh with.

-Marc

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.