FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » White Prophet short story?

Author Topic: White Prophet short story?
Trashcan_Man
Member # 7345

- posted      Profile for Trashcan_Man   Email Trashcan_Man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. This has been bugging me for a little while. I've heard that the two Alvin Maker short stories 'Grinning Man' and 'The Yazoo Queen' take place between Heartfire and The Crystal City, but I also saw in one forum that Orson Scott Card is planning on writing a third short story, 'White Prophet.' Now, I've searched for it a little online but couldn't find anything on it. Has anyone heard about this or am I just wrong?
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard it, and for all I know you may well have heard it from me, as I've posted it in a few places (though I'm probably not the only one). In an e-mail I received from OSC:
quote:
The Crystal City in Tennizy will eventually be the third "between" story that will allow Grinning Man, Yazoo Queen, and White Prophet (working title) to be published as one book between Heartfire and Crystal City.
This was in response to a question about some issues at the end of Heartfire that weren't being addressed in The Crystal City, one of which was the city in Tennizy named Crystal City.

Welcome to Hatrack.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
But that might make the series more than 7 books. Nooooo! Must... wash... hands....
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trashcan_Man
Member # 7345

- posted      Profile for Trashcan_Man   Email Trashcan_Man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to Hatrack.
Thanks Papa.
And thanks of course for answering my question. I think it's a good idea that he's make the 3 short stories into one book.
quote:
But that might make the series more than 7 books. Nooooo
I guess it could still be seven if you called this one 5 and a half. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Papa, you should know...you were there, right?

In the books, I mean.... [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
The ultimate goal is to publish all Alvin material in one big book the size and page number of the phone book.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I think my phone book isn't all that much larger than the SFBC's Hatrack River (volumes 1-3 of Alvin). Then again, it only covers one section of Los Angeles . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.