FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » I've got a question

Author Topic: I've got a question
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
How is it that Ender-as-Peter, having been on Lusitania, not spread the Descolota to Devine Wind and Pacifica as he traveled around with wang-mu?
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to go back through that series before I can say anything about them really.. but I do want to note that you might want to be careful about telling people who haven't read those books yet what happens in them.. you could use (spoilers) as a warning or even be more descriptive in your subject line as to what your question pertains to.

Judas

Welcome to the 'Rack

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay the descloda has finally been nutered and is harmless becuase of this the local genetisis's won't notice it and will be classified as a completely harmless strain of bacturium like most of the 150,000 germs in your mouth alone.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
will reading "First Meetings in the Enderverse" ruin anything in the Shadow series? Cuz i just found out about it and i really want to read it but I'm in the middle of Enders Shadow.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

You'll loveee the Shadow series.. okay.. i'm just saying that because I did.. but I hope you do.. And I don't believe there is anything in First Meetings which will spoil your experience.. except.. hrmm..

Ramdac, ear muffs.

Everyone else who has read it all, come here.

(not for your Ramdac eyes): -- Will the stories of the Wiggin parents tell too much about their intelligence? Because in SotH they are sorta played off as being sorta ignorant, y'know?

Judas

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jqueasy
Member # 7085

- posted      Profile for Jqueasy   Email Jqueasy         Edit/Delete Post 
I read first meetings before i read the shadow books an there was nothing in them to spoil the shadow books. Read away!
Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
In order to have such brilliant children the Wiggins would have had to be brilliant. Ignorance doesn't equal stupidity, plenty of smart people lack common sence. Also in terms of the descalada the cure made it null and void. Also with Ender's taxes in First meetings did it seem to anyone else that he seemed dumber than in any other book. It seemed that learning taxes would not have been that difficult for him.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quimby2999
Member # 7044

- posted      Profile for Quimby2999   Email Quimby2999         Edit/Delete Post 
Well in EG they were never illustrated as uber-intelligent characters, they just seemed to be of average or slightly above average intelligence and miraculously had 3 genius children. It isn't until the Shadow Series that you actually see how intelligent they really are. But, it wouldn't ruin the Shadow series just knowing that, if you didn't know it already.
Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

Ramdackers - I Think you're pretty safe if you want to read First Meetings. Nothing too tell-tale about it.

Judas

neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How is it that Ender-as-Peter, having been on Lusitania, not spread the Descolota to Devine Wind and Pacifica as he traveled around with wang-mu?
Xenocide spoiler below:

Remember how Xenocide ended with Ela producing the cure for the Descolada while "outside" and every human on Lusitania taking it?

End Xenocide spoiler.

[ February 04, 2005, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.