FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » SOTG Tour date

Author Topic: SOTG Tour date
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Tour Dates as posted above.

Once again not one ANYWHERE near the Midwest (or maybe I should say Great Plains to clarify)

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad. I used to get to a lot more author events when I lived in the LA area; they just don't come to Dallas, even though it the 5th largest city in the US. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
And to think I was recruited by Southern Virginia University. So many missed opportunities. [Cry]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
American authors never come to Canada...
Come on, it's not that cold up here!

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on sarcastic monkey -- OSC comes to SVU all the time! You just haven't been paying attention [Wink]
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
That's just my point. I was recruited by SVU, but I decided to go to BYU. Then I found out that OSC taught a writing class at SVU. Sad day!

btw Hi kacard!! [Wave] .

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Kacard does Scott ever come to Quebec? And more specifically Montreal?
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
He hasn't been to Quebec in a long time, and has no plans to go at the moment. Sorry about that.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
And he still isn't coming to Missouri! [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

And kacard- You have almost 500 posts.......

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
And now that he finally goes into DC, I'm not there anymore.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* well next time he goes I'll be at that convention or whatever its called. I live in rigaud a little suburban town with a francophone majority but I'll blackmail my parents to drive me to see Orsen if that is what it takes to get to Montreal ghwahaha.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's almost funny that OSC will fly to NZ for a convention but skip going to the midwest or west coast. Then again he's coming to my city.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Objectivity
Member # 4553

- posted      Profile for Objectivity           Edit/Delete Post 
I hope he's not driving from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh and then to Washington.

I wonder what shows he plans to see while in New York . . .

Posts: 50 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pythian
Member # 7080

- posted      Profile for Pythian   Email Pythian         Edit/Delete Post 
why, lord, why...cant OSC come to California [Frown] , any where in california and i would be there in an instant
Posts: 53 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ostyinmi
Member # 7218

- posted      Profile for ostyinmi   Email ostyinmi         Edit/Delete Post 
He came to Ohio for Shadow of the Hedgemon tour and that was a long drive for me to go on but as I look all the ones that are withing 12 hours of Michigan land on bad days for me to try and go! [Cry]
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I am working the day he is coming to Pittsburgh (1.5 hour drive) and I am very bummed.

[Frown]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

You could take a personal day.........if you feel it is important enough I mean..........
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah -- I would definately call in for a sick day/ vacation/personal leave or whatever if he ever came within driving distance from me.

It's high enough on my list of "things to do before I die" to make it happen.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Would you go if he was going to St. Louis(MO)? Even I mean............because he isn't and I doubt he will get out here..........

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.