FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Can I still appreciate OSC? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Can I still appreciate OSC?
adamsfrood42
Member # 7464

- posted      Profile for adamsfrood42   Email adamsfrood42         Edit/Delete Post 
Like you, I've had a good section of my bookcase devoted to OSC since early middle school. I've also, for years and years, been a maniacally obsessed fan of Douglas Adams. I've read each book in his Hitchhiker "trilogy" a bare minimum of 20 times.

Douglas Adams was an atheist. As can be expected when an author feels a particularly strong conviction (especially a religious one) it tends to seek through, involuntarily or not, into parts of their writing (as we've seen from OSC himself).

I consider myself to be a Christian. Some of DNA's remarks in his books were offensive to me. However, that didn't stop me from reading them over...and over...and over...

Two people who have different opinions can still be the best of friends. In many cases, the discrepancy in viewpoint makes for an even more interesting friendship. Don't ever stop reading the books. Liking the author's writing doesn't mean you have to take on his beliefs. [Smile]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.