FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » SOTG Release date -- MARCH 1st

Author Topic: SOTG Release date -- MARCH 1st
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it really March 8th like Amazon.com says? I know we've hashed this over a zillion times, but I've had a momentary brain lapse.

[ March 03, 2005, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: kacard ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Duh. The tour starts on March 8th, so I guess my question is answered. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I don't know when the actual release date is. Seems like most bookstores aren't sticking to it anyway. The Borders near me had them out yesterday(and probably even earlier), and now I have to go finish it. Only about 100 pages to go. [Smile]
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
Got mine today. And finished today. I just couldn't put it down. Luckily today was a snow day so I had nothing to do. Great Boook!
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
March 1 - Barnes & Noble.

goody!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

It's already OUT!! I saw it at Borders tonight!! YAY!!!

(and I did read the acknowledgements. [Big Grin] ) I can't wait to read it!

aitch42
Member # 7373

- posted      Profile for aitch42   Email aitch42         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmmm, I don't know when the actual release date is. Seems like most bookstores aren't sticking to it anyway
:-)

A total aside - here in the UK with JK Rowling Harry Potter books - the last-but-one book was released at 4pm on a friday, so kids could pick it upon the way home from school, and the last one had just a date - so a huge number of stores opened at midnight, and had "harry potter parties".
Rowling had said thst if any bookshop sold a copy early, she would make sure that they never stocked a HP book again - they just would not be sent supplies :-o
Which was a "risk too far".

I wonder if she has that power in the US? I would expect so :-)

h.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
I was extremely, as well as pleasantly, surprised today when I walked into Barnes and Noble and saw it on the shelves this afternoon. Well, pleasantly is a bit of an understatement. I just started it and will most likely be done within a few hours.
Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to take a speed reading class……
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Got mine Friday afternoon and finished it today. I enjoyed it very much, even more so than the last book or two in the Shadow series. And it certainly looks like OSC has left the field open to write that last book that bridges the two series, if he ever chooses to do that.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jqueasy
Member # 7085

- posted      Profile for Jqueasy   Email Jqueasy         Edit/Delete Post 
DROOOOL!! I ordered mine thru amazon, now i have to wait. Never agian.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
Jqueasy: Hey, sometimes the waiting is part of the fun, right? No? I guess not...^_^
Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, we were the last to know. The on-sale date for Shadow of the Giant really did get moved to March 1st at most of the large stores. So, it should be out there!
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jqueasy
Member # 7085

- posted      Profile for Jqueasy   Email Jqueasy         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I gots mine at bookamillion
Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*claps hands* I just got mine in the MAIL! yay! I just got back from a trip with the choir and it was so nice to see it sitting there waiting for me. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.