FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 13)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Smasher
Member # 7640

- posted      Profile for Smasher           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. . . What about, "Enders Enigma"?

Or what about, "Enders Trance"?

First one, in my opinion, would go with a good twist. Such as Ender finding out the womans secret.

Th second one would go well with Ender living life as the Governer, and Valentine and Randi mix his life up, causing him to get out of his "Trance".

I don't know. . . Kind of hard to pick a title for a story you yourself are not writing.:<

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid
Member # 7610

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid   Email Geekazoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's friend
ender's hleper
ender's student

Posts: 42 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I have it. This is it. The title. End of discussion.

Ender Please

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Bender
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Agnes Bean
Member # 7614

- posted      Profile for Agnes Bean   Email Agnes Bean         Edit/Delete Post 
Beyond Ender
Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Appletanks
Member # 7641

- posted      Profile for Appletanks   Email Appletanks         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Fender Bender
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B-HAX
Member # 6640

- posted      Profile for B-HAX   Email B-HAX         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends....

Ender's Descent
Ender's Hill
Ender Sinking
Ender Bound
Ender Terminus
Ender Alpha
Ender Omega
Ender's Antecedent
Ender's Element

B-HAX out...

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
For some odd reason that I really don't know Smasher.....I just don't like Ender's Trance. Lol.
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hookedonpepsi22
Member # 7346

- posted      Profile for hookedonpepsi22   Email hookedonpepsi22         Edit/Delete Post 
I now have a question about this new book. Does it take place on the colony that Dink is on or is it a new one that we haven't heard of?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michiel
Member # 7649

- posted      Profile for Michiel   Email Michiel         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that "Ender's Exile", mentioned a couple of pages back, is really the most tantalizing of the lot.
Posts: 64 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quimby2999
Member # 7044

- posted      Profile for Quimby2999   Email Quimby2999         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ender's hleper
Ender's a Leper? Do you know something I don't?

How about Ender's . . . Game?

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the periods.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seventh Daughter
Member # 7642

- posted      Profile for Seventh Daughter   Email Seventh Daughter         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Distance

Distance of Ender

Ender's Attainment

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
endersbean3k1
Member # 7651

- posted      Profile for endersbean3k1   Email endersbean3k1         Edit/Delete Post 
Just for kicks:

Ender's End

I really don't know why other than something I heard on page 10 after skimming about how it's the Ender in the later books who's the real Ender, and this'd be the End of the 'old' Ender. This would also tie in to the whole thing about The End of The World in the Fantasy Game. Kinda sounds like he's dieing though.

Methinks OSC (who my sources tell me is really SOC) wants me dead with all these new books:

Now, lets make a book that ties in with this and that one, so he has to read ALL of them over again! [insert evil laughter here]

[ March 28, 2005, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: endersbean3k1 ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avicus
Member # 7652

- posted      Profile for Avicus   Email Avicus         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. I finished it in under a day as I do all of your books, and at the end I realized that there was still more to tell.
Regarding the book it was excellent. Not to sound like a trekkie (no offence since I know you are a fan) but I did see a few grammatical errors. No more then you will find in this short post though. Thank you again for giving the world Ender and Bean.
~A~

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't read the 13 pages...

If you want Ender, or one of His memories to rise again:

The Ender Rise
Unto the Ender Rising
The Ender Riseth Again
Ender: Reunited
Ender: Resurrected (based on the Alien: x framework)
Rise of the Ender

If you're into Ender's drama and a hard time:

The Battered Ender
Beaten and Wasted, Ender Returnes

Travelling:

The Mystical Voyage of Ender
Ender's Departure
Ender by Travel

Yes, I suck. but, it is something...

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Or, going for the rhymes:

Ender's Man (revealing the secret sexual identity of Ender)

Ender's Stan (the sequel, not characterising the gay friend)

Ender's Can (the story of the Coca-Cola drug of the xty-y century)

Ender's Ban (the sequel)

Ender's Fan (the telling of Sci-Fi lovers on Earth)

Ender's Clan (the sequel)

Ender's Bang (the Hive Queen's story of Dr. Device)

Ender's Van (the Renault Kangoo book-propaganda)

Ender Ran (aka: The Book of Sci-Fi Paranoia)

Ender'n Dan (Revealing the threesome of Ender, Stan and Dan)

Ender's Pan (a cooking book)

Ender's Fan (can also be used to describe a very exotic planet)

Ender's Tan (revealing why Stan and Dan love Ender)

Ender's LAN (how Ender met the 2)

Ender's Ian (or 3)

Ender's Plan (how Ender seduced them)

Ender's Anne (bi?!?!?!)

JH

Just to clarify, I'm hetrosexual. Not that I have anything against gays ("not that there's anything wrong with that").

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Ender the Gender Bender (transsexuality);

Ender the Sender Mender (repairing the PO trucks)

Ender and Valentine: A pair of pathetic peripatetics (the story of their voyage)

[ March 27, 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Tender Ender
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
The real question is if OSC is even reading these anymore, which I personally think he should since ther are some gems in these later ones. (*coughs and points to his own*)
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think OSC is sorry he ever asked... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

Yeah really 620 replies wow! And most posts have like a lot of titles but that makes up for the posts that have none so I don't even wanna count how many tit;les were proposed.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ingenio
Member # 7656

- posted      Profile for ingenio   Email ingenio         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems ashame that the title absolutely must have the word "Ender" in it. Because I can think of fifty titles that *don't* use Ender.

Too bad it couldn't be "Ender's Valentine", because that could have all kinds of multi-level meaning. Because Valentine is his sister, but a valentine is also a token of love (well, to us Westerners anyway) and love always seems to be beautiful and difficult for Ender. And if it contains anything about the conversation that Peter and Ender had in SOTG, then that's just a whole can of love/hate/hurt/pain/sorrow/forgiveness/regret right there.

"Alas, Ender"

or

"Ender Speaking" or "Ender Spoke". If this novel somehow picks up on how he becomes the Speaker for the Dead. I think that would be fascinating in it's own right. "Ender's Voice", maybe. I'm sure somebody has said this before. I didn't have time to read all the posts before I posted this. So forgive me if I'm repeating what someone else has already said.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

It can't pick up then because it's before that time. Did you read investmint counler?
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm... Invest mints....
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh....I've got it! Its perfect! No other title can compare! How about Ender, Formic Diplomat ? It emphasizes Ender's peaceful search for a new bugger homeworld and leaves everything else entirely open so Mr. Card can do whatever he wants.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it too late to offer an idea? [Frown] I got to page 5 before I skipped all the way to the last page.
Did anyone say, Ender: Transition(s), Ender's Atonement?

Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eyes
Member # 3731

- posted      Profile for Eyes   Email Eyes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I actually have a login here... Didn't remember signing up for one, but whatever. Oh, and I also haven't read anything of SOTG besides the three free chapters. No worries, though. I will.

SO, we're going with an ender in the title here.

How about...

Ender's Trial

Ender's Truth

Ender's Phantom

Ender's Price

Ender's Journey

Ender's Destiny

Ender's Courage

Ender and the Bean Stalk.... Heh.

Ender's Endgame (heh)

Ender Wiggin, P.I. (To refference the tom sawyer thing.)

I never want to read through those ever again. I deleted most of my repeats... I didn't even notice that there were 13 pages until I was done and I wanted to go to bed an hour ago.

I'm suprised no one thought of Phantom.

[ March 29, 2005, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Eyes ]

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, these are wonderful. I usually go through this process completely alone. You have come up with a much better list.

And you also know what novel titlers all learn - that once you start, it's hard to stop. Even when you have already published the book, you keep thinking of new titles. Frustrating it is when you think of the very best title just as the book reaches the stores with the second best title on it.

Has anyone already suggested the ultimate computer instruction manual in the Ender universe?

Press Ender.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC -- what are some titles that you wish you had given to your books?
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Angel
Member # 7629

- posted      Profile for Dark Angel           Edit/Delete Post 
How about

Ender's Key
Ender: Key and Keyhole
Ender: Key and Lock
Ender: Key and Locke
Ender: The Downward Spiral
Ender: 2000 years of Human Error
Ender: Control, Alter, Destroy

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Angel
Member # 7629

oh.

Ender: Phantom of the Opera
Ender's Book
Ender's Pen
Ender's Pencil
Ender's Really long title to mock those of geekazoid for this tile for the book is longer than most of his titles for that book and so Orson Scott Card should choose this title just for the fact that it goes--- ON AND ON MY FRIENDS! SOME PEOPLE STARTED SINGING IT NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS. BUT NOW THEY JUST KEEP SINGING IT FOR EVER AND EVER JUST BECAUSE IT IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDers IT GOES ON AND ON MY-- *gets whacked on the head by a mutant penguin*

Ender's Song

Ender's run on sentance

Ender: Sentanced

[ March 29, 2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Dark Angel ]

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Angel
Member # 7629

Ender: The truth behind the Lies behind the truth behind the boy behind the colony behind the solor system behind the galaxy behind the universe behind the lies behind the truth behind the lies behind the kid who is really bored as he just keeps on pressing keyes on a keyboard which then convert into binary in the computer which then converts into pixels on an electronic screen which seems to spell out words, behind the thruth behind the penguin who most viciosly attacked dark angel in his previous post.

[Party]

Geekazoid
Member # 7610

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid   Email Geekazoid         Edit/Delete Post 
the depresed world of Ender wiggin
the universe ender's alter ego created

what ender's book did to the life of ender wiggin in his travels from planet to planet useing relativistic speeds to stay young for 3000 years so that the other books can happen

ender's cd

ender's book on a book about a book that was written as a book on a book to the story written by orson scott card to get tons of money and rule the entire world while he wrote when he was on the route from planet to planet

Ender's story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a story about a an author named Orson scott card who wrote a story...

Thank you mister radioactive penguin

Posts: 42 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
Obfuscative Enderisms
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
(i forget) if its a story about Achilles II and Andrew (Ender doesn't seem all that fitting anymore) then it has to have SOMETHING to do with it, "Ender's Past" I think is aceptable since Ender goes face to face with his past. Imagine this:

Ender and Valentine are walking down a street on the planet Pittsburgh its a crowded market street with people barganing back in forth in a few languages and Ender and Valentine are browsing the wares as tourists then a small child catches Andrew's eyes, a small boy small but with eyes that beseeched a fierce intellegance that were always looking, studying his surroundings. He was trying to buy something apparently some kind of game, Andrew walks over buys the game for him and hands it to him and simply walks back to Valentine who has a puzzled look on her face. He shruggs and says: "He reminded me of Bean" and that was that Adnrew diddn't want to talk any more about it and the two continued on their way.

However they didn't notice the boy whoes name the world once feared was starring off at them in sudden hatred.

Thats how I imagine the story psuedo starting. I know probably not as good as Mr. Card would write it but thats sorta my idea. So ya I like Ender's Past but please remember this is not a DnD table where you roll a D100 for a name's pre/sufixes.

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChocoTuar
Member # 6854

- posted      Profile for ChocoTuar   Email ChocoTuar         Edit/Delete Post 
*waves hand like Yoda*

Want to use "Ender Anew," you do...

Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Maybe when Mr. Card is ready to choose a title he could narrow it down to 5 or so choices (from this thread and/or his own ideas) and let us vote.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

That would b great Neo-dragon... I wish he does. also just a qucik joke one. The ultimite hitchihkers guide to the Enderverse. Heh. And this post is also another one to promote my other titles. *points to other titles*
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

*points to a gun* frankly the idea of adapting anything that remotly sounds like and other title doenst appeal to me, and I really don't think it'll end up as Ender's [blank], since speak etc didnt have ender in their title. If think its only the first 2 books Ender's Game/Shadow that will have the Ender name attached. I dont know for sujre but it sounds like a tyle and I like it that way. Meh, if the majority like it another way I wont argue I just want to have more books.... precious books... the plot is ultimatly more important then the title itslef.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Agnes Bean
Member # 7614

- posted      Profile for Agnes Bean   Email Agnes Bean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
title. If think its only the first 2 books Ender's Game/Shadow that will have the Ender name attached.
OSC said at the beginning of this thread that the rule was the title had to have Ender in it.

However, I do king of like the idea of breaking the trend and not having it be Ender's ____ (though some of those were really good...I still love Ender's Gate).

Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone suggested "Terms of Enderment" yet?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

I don't think that OSC will actually let us vote though, because if we choose one that isn't his favourite he shouldn't have to be obligated to use it anyway...

Even though we are the ones putting bread on his table and a roof over his head [Big Grin] [Wink]

[ March 30, 2005, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

oh, well if it is an Ender one then ya, Ender's Past! Or Ender's... something...
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
The two best titles I've seen so far:

Ender

Ender, Formic Diplomat

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skippyboy
Member # 7600

- posted      Profile for skippyboy   Email skippyboy         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with "Ender" as being the best. Hey it wouldn't it be great if the webmaster put up a link where we could all vote on this? Hint Hint. [Wink]
Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

I gotta say that "Ender, Formic Diplomat" sounds pretty boring to me.

I haven't read every single suggestion, but so far, my top 3 are:

"Ender: Deliverance" (my own suggestion, with reasonin explained on pg 12 of this thread [Wink] )

"Ender's Legacy"

"Ender"

[ March 31, 2005, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the problem with Ender: it's a cop-out. It's like Metallica naming an album "Metallica." It's done so you know what you're getting, kind of like those generic boxes of corn flakes.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frangy.
Member # 6794

- posted      Profile for Frangy.   Email Frangy.         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: our lost link or in spanish version "Ender, nuestro eslabón perdido"

I think is a good idea, Ender without the protection of Jane, like in the battle school...

Posts: 111 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frangy.
Member # 6794

- posted      Profile for Frangy.   Email Frangy.         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend says "Ender: The Way of the Stars", is good but i also like "in the way..." or "our way..."

Frangy

Posts: 111 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.