FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Anbody go to the Boston signing last night?

Author Topic: Anbody go to the Boston signing last night?
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody remember what the book about aliens all alone was called that OSC mentioned? The one that you really have to guess about the aliens culture?
Posts: 1756 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG i went [Big Grin] but was that the part when he mentioned the piggies and a lady said she had nightmare about?
Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that was what began the tangent, yeah.
Posts: 1756 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mentioned one book that put you entirely inside a different culture, but it was a far-future human culture. That was ENGINE SUMMER by John Crowley.

Then i mentioned books that were from a primarily alien point of view (Rebecca Brown Ore's Being Alien and Becoming Alien) and most particularly her short story "Projectile Weapons and Wild Alien Water."

I did NOT mention but should have the brilliant novels by Octavia Butler in the Xenogenesis series: Dawn, Adulthood Rites, Imago. A real experience in discovering and getting into a truly alien mindset.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh!!! I already have too many books in my queue already!
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great! another book i need to read.

Mr. Card, completely off topic but, i forgot to tell you in Boston, my friend who LOVES Peter wants to say that you must get a really hot kid to play Peter. And i sent you the email with my poem, and was wondering if you ever got it?

Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.