FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC!?!?

Author Topic: OSC!?!?
Pythian
Member # 7080

- posted      Profile for Pythian   Email Pythian         Edit/Delete Post 
When are you ever going to go to the west coast again?(california) Is it any way posible to get a larger schedule than you have in the Calender link, possibly one that goes far enough into the future that i can see when your ganna visit anywhere near California (or New Mexico, or Arizona)
Posts: 53 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eva_00_kai
Member # 7483

- posted      Profile for eva_00_kai   Email eva_00_kai         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah OSC you do really need to come to Southern California.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't he just have a play out there? I lose track of time sometimes but I think it was in the last six months.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed he did, mt. But going to see the play didn't mean getting to see him.

It did mean getting to see his lovely and talented daughter, among other wonderful actors (including porce! [Big Grin] ).

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
porce was in it?? How cool!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
She was. [Smile] And it was. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
1 word 3 syllables Montreal.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xenocider
Member # 7537

- posted      Profile for Xenocider   Email Xenocider         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah,, come to the west coast sometime!

lol!

~ Humanity does not ask us to be happy. It merely asks us to be brillant on its account. ~

Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Define "west coast." I live in the east, where Omaha is considered a "western city" and Reno is regarded as if it were sort of on the coast.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Utah is on the west coast, isn't it?
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
how on earth can Reno be coastal? Or are you referring to the point in time *after* California falls into the Pacific?

[Cool]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Heather and I just made friends with a couple from Wisconsin, and at one point in the conversation, I referred to them as "westerners" since I grew up in North Carolina. They thought that was hilarious, because everyone else who meets them here (in Seattle) says, "Oh, I have a cousin on the east coast!" like they think Wisconsin borders Maine.

It's all relative ...

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you're in Reno, will you be going to the beach?

After all, Reno is as close to the Pacific as Greensboro is to the Atlantic, and we go to the beach from here ...

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*shudders* I grew up an hour from the beach, and even that drive wasn't really worth it once I was about 12 unless I was going there for something else anyway.

The Pacific is cold. Even in summer. Santa Monica has some awesome stores, though. And it's true that there's no more beautiful sunset than one off Santa Monica Pier.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] I live NEXT to a beach. Practically at the opposite side of the road.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I bet you laugh REAL hard when a big storm comes in, don't you. [Cool]

[ March 15, 2005, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.