FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC: Write Rasputin or Die!

Author Topic: OSC: Write Rasputin or Die!
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
(If you can tell Gregory McDonald to write Fletch or die, then fair is fair.)
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
For this you registered?

Uh . . . welcome to Hatrack?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope the mods have a good sense of humor [Eek!]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there go all my hopes of that book ever being written.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be truly sad if quoting something OSC wrote himself in MAPS IN A MIRROR offended the mods or OSC in any way.

Unless he's way more curmudgeonly than I've been led to believe. "Throwing my own words back at me, eh? Just for that, I'll wait *another* 11 years to write the 2nd book! Mwahahahah!"

Nah, I don't buy it.

Remember OSC: the intellectual Left doesn't want you to write Rasputin. If you delay any longer, you're playing right into their hands! (See, "the terrorists win" has been done to death, so I cleverly tailored it the other evil group we're fighting against.)

And to OSC: if you are offended by any of this, I will apologize and send you a free copy of THE ASCENT OF RUM DOODLE which is an excellent and extremely funny novel about the climbing of the world's tallest mountain.

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*mouth agape*
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

Note: I agree with a lot of what OSC says about the moral decay caused by the "intellectual" Left, so I was making a joke but I wasn't making fun.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Seatarsprayan, that was funny =)

And hey Rivka, everyone has a first post. Doesn't have to be super awesome.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
True enough. [Smile]

I just don't think it needs to be threatening, either. *shrug*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aitch42
Member # 7373

- posted      Profile for aitch42   Email aitch42         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It would be truly sad if quoting something OSC wrote himself in MAPS IN A MIRROR offended the mods or OSC in any way.

Unless he's way more curmudgeonly than I've been led to believe. "Throwing my own words back at me, eh? Just

Reminds me of a comedian in interview, telling the story of being out in the street.
He got very - startled - to have a guy from across the road started yelling and abusing him, getting very very - excited.
The comedian got seriously worried.
It turned out the 'madman' recognised him and was re-enacting a sketch he had seen the same comedian do, years back.
However, the comic had forgotten - it was just one sketch from years ago.

So without context, you can hardly expect OSC, mods, or fans, to remember every line he's written, he must have written millions (and millions. go on someone, work it out!).

As we know from here, he posts bits of new books for proof-reading and plot-contradictions so hat-rackers can pick out bits he has forgot.
He may be a genius, but not (quite) infallible :-o

Quotes deserve references.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasputin
Member # 5409

- posted      Profile for Rasputin   Email Rasputin         Edit/Delete Post 
Disclaimer: the views expressed in this thread by the newbie are his alone, and in no way reflect the views of Morbo Affiliated Aliases, Inc.

Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, death threats, or other information or content expressed or made available by said newbie are his problem.

I have nothing to do with it.
Morbo

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.