FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » hey buddy

Author Topic: hey buddy
olhando
Member # 7866

- posted      Profile for olhando   Email olhando         Edit/Delete Post 
mr card
as lame as it feels to leave you a message on an "about orson scott card" forum im going to because i really don't see another way. Im not as forum savvy as the hegemon so yea. i remember before i had ever heard of you back in the eighth grade, i was a jerk and i didnt feel very smart. but after reading all eight books i feel like a new man.
I am a lot more sure on trusting my gut instinct on sudden decisions as i was before, and judge people better after first meeting them.Ex1.instinct-suri and bean escaping through ditches under mess hall Ex.2 step fletcher figuring out about "glass". i could go into detail about how i was raised as a christian boy in a christian family and still thinking of the enders game (all) series as being some equivivelent to the bible. as childish as it seems it really did make me a different person.
im not going to go on about how GENIUS the enders game side of the series was in every aspect from the encaixarse (going into the box i think) to the splitting of enders personality into three. just know that it was great.
the main thing i was going to say is just another idea that u probly get every day but maybe not. i think that if you ever dont have some project in the making you should write a book about the first kids that ever went to battle school. thats was my first love in a book, battle school. even though i learned to love luistania, miro, human, and the women of your books; i think you should go back to battle school someday.
i could go on for days but im not going to. Im just fifteen so if ne one reads this and says to themself "this guy has bad grammer," or "this guy makes no sense," im fifteen and you know what that means. ranting.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Your grammar's fine. Online postings are a branch of oral literature <grin> so only pinheads get upset about informality online.

Nobody ever suggested to me doing a story about the first kids ever to go to Battle School. It's a cool idea. When the system was first getting started and all. I'll think about that.

Meanwhile, I'm working on a Christmas story in Battle School for this fall's Christmas-book season. It's pre-Ender, but not by many years - Dink Meeker is in it.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
olhando, you've shot waaaay up the ladder of posters here!! Very interesting idea, and OSC approves - can you really ask for more??

[Smile]

edit: when I read the title of this thread, all I can hear is Brak saying "hey buddy!!"

[ April 22, 2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Gryphonesse ]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frangy.
Member # 6794

- posted      Profile for Frangy.   Email Frangy.         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like a book of a child that he had known Pinual (the child who committed suicide) and later to Ender, to compare them. I believe that it would be interesting.
Posts: 111 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
olhando
Member # 7866

- posted      Profile for olhando   Email olhando         Edit/Delete Post 
yes thats what i mean, the guy that comitted suicide, or maybe some celestial love affair on the space station. that would blow me away. "it just kills me". also yes i think of brak too when i say "hey buddy". man i loved dink meeker for some reason. it seemed like he was always there for ender and pet. the things i love are like the fight in zero g, and the bonzo-ender rivalry.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.