FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Southern US?

Author Topic: Southern US?
DSP_Molo
Member # 8102

- posted      Profile for DSP_Molo   Email DSP_Molo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm dissappointed to find that the lower states are bypassed again in this year's book tour. I completely understand Mr. Card's family obligations and his desire to stay with his family, but I also have to say that visiting with him during the Nashville leg of his Shadow Puppets tour was one of my most memorable experiences. The nearest locations for the Magic Street and Shadow of the Giant tours were 10 hours away, and I'm not even the worst off! I hate to see Nashville, Birmingham, Atlanta, and (I wish) Huntsville, AL left off. Or, barring any sort of Southern Tour, Mr. Card and his family (all of them!) are certainly welcome to spend a day at my apartment for some old fashioned southern hospitality! [Wink]

Mr. Card, please reconsider for your next release!

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... Atlanta woulda been nice. I've never been to an author signing.
-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Howell
Member # 8072

- posted      Profile for Peter Howell           Edit/Delete Post 
You think you've got it bad! I live in Newfoundland. Many of the people on here probably don't even know where that is! The nearest spot on the tour for me would involve either driving for nearly a week or flying.
So Nyah [Grumble]

*goes off into the corner and curls up into a little ball*

Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, Peter you make me laugh.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua Newberry
Member # 7864

- posted      Profile for Joshua Newberry   Email Joshua Newberry         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the Shadow of the Giant tour date in Pittsburgh by a week, because of spring break and school. I am up here for the summer, and was hoping for another stop in the steel city, but am disappointed. At least you aren't hitting Greenville, SC this time. I'd be rather pissed.

On a side note, OSC, would you ever consider giving a reading/lecture at Clemson if I were able to get them to invite you? Several people on the campus would benefit and enjoy the experience.

Posts: 57 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.