FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » How long could it take?

Author Topic: How long could it take?
chx
Member # 3388

- posted      Profile for chx   Email chx         Edit/Delete Post 
Sigh. I am so unpatient. If Terminator 2 could be done in 13 months and Peter Jackson signed in 1998 August and Fellowship was in cinemas in 2001 -- then what's taking so painstakingly long?

I am not critizing anyone here. The question is just a question -- I am curious of the problems with the movie.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
What movie do you mean? Ender's Game?
Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Either way, these things take time. They just recently got writers and a director. And, most likely, Ender's Game was a hard movie to pitch. It'll be difficult to cast and special effects may take awhile to be complete. I'm sure it'll be awhile, but you, and the rest of us for that matter, just need to be patient.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Peter Jackson started actual work on Lord of the Rings in 1995. Be patient. The script hasn't even been approved yet.
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Other movies take a long time to complete too. Just look at The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avicus
Member # 7652

- posted      Profile for Avicus   Email Avicus         Edit/Delete Post 
No two movies are the same. Sometime, but not all the time, the length it takes can be associated with the dedication to detail from the director. Take Mr. Jackson, when they were building the hobbit village he actually built everything so it was completely habitable and literally waited for the grass and plants to grow to adequate lengths to shot those scenes. And lets look at the end result. They were extremely close to the book, and those parts that were cut out from the book have been done so in a way that even those who read the books might not even realize the missing scenes. Nobody likes to wait, but sometimes you just have to be patient. It's alot like a painting. When you're done you're done. There is some rushing from those financial people, but you want to get it right. Unless of course you could care less and would just like your big fat paycheck. Fortunately, with Mr. Jackson that was not the case.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
Princess Bride had to wait 10 years (haven't checked my facts on this so I could be off a little) from the time William Goldman wrote the script until he found a director who would recognize his vision. And we all love the result. I'd say it was worth the wait, wouldn't you?
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dog Walker
Member # 8301

- posted      Profile for Dog Walker           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been waiting for the Ender's Game Movie for 4 years now! I hope that the Enders Game movie is worth the wait. I was looking forward to the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie until i saw it. I hope Ender's Game does not leave me as disopointed as HGTTG.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, bite me. I've been waiting for almost 10 years (and I'm sure some have been waiting even longer). What I want to know is, why in the world would Petersen direct a Posiedon Adventure REMAKE rather than do Ender's Game? What kind of crap is that? He's a very good director, but let's get on it, already!
Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.