FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Rachel and Leah...

Author Topic: Rachel and Leah...
The world turned flat
Member # 8314

- posted      Profile for The world turned flat   Email The world turned flat         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. Just stopped by to say hello and ask a question.
i'm sure someone has asked this question before, but this is a very high traffic board and i doubt i could find it so i'll ask all of you and hope you have the answer...
Does anyone know how the next WoG book is coming along, or if it's coming along, or if it will ever come along?
i'm a big OSC fan and i love all the books of his that i have read, but the women of genesis series has me captivated (see: obsessed). i'm afraid i've read the copies of the first three that i have to rags and i would definitely welcome something new to read and reread.
does anyone else just love this series? I can remember when a friend of mine suggested Sarah to me. She hadn't even read it. she just looked at me and said "there's a new book about the woman who laughed" and i had to hunt it down in our big used book store. I read it in three hours, i just couldn't put it down. And then i waited.
i hate waiting. i know, i know, patience is a virtue. By the time Rebekah came out i was faoming at the mouth and covered in hives.
ok, not really. but patience is a virtue i'm working on.
anyway, this post is rambling on, it late.
any takers? anyone know what might be going on?
btw-great board.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! I know about the hating the wait. I tried to read the last one slowly to put less wait time between books but as I am sure you know you just can't! I wish I knew when the next one would be out as well. This is one of the best series ever. Have you read Stone Tables? It's great as well and might help hold you until the next one!
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Can't help the delay. Shadow of the Giant and Magic Street were way overdue and I had to set The Wives of Israel aside. Since then, however, it's been a nightmare of travel and promotion - the only things I've written have been shorter works because I haven't had two weeks in a row to concentrate on a novel.

Now I'm about to embark on the tour for Magic Street. Guess how much writing I'll get done! Some, in fits and snatches - time enough to write some overdue short stories and novellas. But no novel.

I don't expect to be able to even begin Wives of Israel until this fall. Unfortunately, as I teach at SVU, my drive time WON'T be writing time this year. I'll be listening to books on tape. But I'm hoping that while I'm in Buena Vista/Lexington (I'll be staying with Stoddards, who live in Lexington) I can continue a through line of writing without losing my thread constantly. We'll see. If I can't write and teach at the same time, it's obvious what will have to give way.

If I were RICH I'd hire a driver to take me up and back. But since I have to have a car while in BV, I'd either have to hire the driver and ALSO buy a car for my three teaching days, OR pay for the driver to stay up there the same three days. Which is absurd. I can't afford such an expense in order to add six writing hours a week.

Which is why I simply can't predict the order in which books will be written, or how quickly. You can count on it, though - I have a powerful financial incentive to finish these books, even if I weren't also committed to writing them for artistic reasons.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The world turned flat
Member # 8314

- posted      Profile for The world turned flat   Email The world turned flat         Edit/Delete Post 
I can wait. [Razz]
thank you very much for replying. It's kind of nice to get the news straight from the source, rather than the bookstore.
As to stone tables, i HAVE read that one.
My favorite part of the bible is the old testament, so i read anything i can get my hands on that is fictionalized versions of it. i love to see the stories fleshed out. and i like to see how different people interpret different things.
stone tables is a great book, it was one of the few that made the move with me from the beauty of the northwest to the flatlands of america. i've read that one to rags, too.
I'll just have to run out and get shadow of the giant, maybe that will give me my book fix.
thank you again, and good luck with teaching and writing, OSC, hope this year is a good one for you.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moonshine
Member # 7893

- posted      Profile for Moonshine   Email Moonshine         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet symphony! I have an intense love/hate thing with Rachel and Leah. You're a busy man Mr. Card.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.