FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Orson Scott Card's name on X-Play

Author Topic: Orson Scott Card's name on X-Play
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

- posted      Profile for ailurophobic   Email ailurophobic         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else catch that, or am I the only person sad enough to watch G4 in the middle of the summer?

It annoyed me a little bit about how they spoke of the Ender sequels, but I haven't played Advent Rising, so I can't really comment on that.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
G4 is the antichrist that killed tech tv. Though, they did leave xplay intact.

So nope, didn't see it. [Razz]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

- posted      Profile for ailurophobic   Email ailurophobic         Edit/Delete Post 
I preferred ZDTV over TechTV and GamespotTV > Extended Play > XPlay.

Kate Botello was there before Morgan, and she seemed a lot more.. into games than Morgan. Donno. Morgan just doesn't strike me as much of a gamer. (Though it's nice to see us chick gamers represented out there. XD)

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only person who has no idea what G4 is? Is it like, half of G8?
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a cable station dedicated to video games and other geek hobbies.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

I read that as "geek hobbits."

And yes, I suppose it could also be half of G8.

Edit:

"Advent Rising is a third-person sci-fi action adventure with a story co-credit that goes to Orson Scott Card. Card is a well-known author whose credits include Ender’s Game, one of the most respected science fiction novels of the last 20 years. Apparently, times are tough though, and he has to extend his name to things like this instead."

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/features/52053/Advent_Rising_Review.html

Pffffffft. *angry face*

[ July 11, 2005, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: ailurophobic ]

Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, an entire cable station dedicated to entertaining intellectual, socially awkward Homo floresiensis? Score one for multicultural tolerance. [Cool]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

Hey hey hey hey! .___.

.. it's on satellite, too!

I think it's a great thing that I'm a gamer who's socially accepted at school!

IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on. Nobody likes "Attack of the Show"?
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

Haha!

Well.

G4 is a guilty pleasure of mine. Yes, I like Attack of the Show, but I liked Call for Help better.

RynoW1
Member # 8365

- posted      Profile for RynoW1   Email RynoW1         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a confession...much to the shagrin (sp?) of my wife. Attack of the Show is on my Season Pass list on Tivo so I record every episode. ONLY because I want to become more of a computer geek than I am and the show has some pretty useful info. I just have to fast forward though some of the fluf.

On a similar note..any word on an Ender's Game video game? I've searched and searched but I can't seem to find anything that OSC has said on the matter.

Posts: 64 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gosu
Member # 5783

- posted      Profile for Gosu   Email Gosu         Edit/Delete Post 
The only Ender's Game video game I've heard of is the one you can download and play on your TI-89 and TI-83 Plus graphing calculator. And they aren't good at all.

One of them is where you're the hegemon and have to take over the world.

......it's a calculator.....

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.