FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Orson, Against n00bs? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Orson, Against n00bs?
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
If you want me to post to your thread, have a subject matter. (Preferably one that does not imply an attack on me or my religion.) If you aren't talking about anything, then I won't have anything to say.

Though, come to think of it, I DID post in this thread, which DID begin as an attack on me ...

Hmmm. Apparently I'm still ridiculously easy to manipulate ...

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

- posted      Profile for estavares   Email estavares         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you can be a hoot. Great responses...

Isn't it funny how fans seem to think their favorite author/actor/artist/musician is their own personal genie who will dance at their command? After all, they DO provide entertainment the instant we open a book. They start singing the moment we put a CD in the player. They act the moment we pay to see a movie. They do what we want, right? They pay attention to just us, right?

Dance, monkey, DANCE!

[ July 22, 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: estavares ]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
:thinks of OSC dancing:

o_O

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
*would really rather not think about OSC dancing*

quote:
Bring your friends here and I will love them
[Monkeys]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginosion
Member # 7066

- posted      Profile for Ginosion   Email Ginosion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card:
If you want me to post to your thread, have a subject matter. (Preferably one that does not imply an attack on me or my religion.) If you aren't talking about anything, then I won't have anything to say.

Though, come to think of it, I DID post in this thread, which DID begin as an attack on me ...

Hmmm. Apparently I'm still ridiculously easy to manipulate ...

Wow, I manipulated the masters of manipulation [Evil Laugh]

It wasn't really an attack though. It was more of a squirrel-tap between two freinds (even though we have never met in real life or have carried a big disscustion and any point or time). If you want, you can squirrel-tap me back.

Posts: 72 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMBG
Member # 8390

- posted      Profile for TMBG   Email TMBG         Edit/Delete Post 
I will accept the PERSONAL fawning from Mr. Card and return it ten--no, two-fold. And I accept the subliminal dinner invitation!

I think it's not wise to confuse interest and--dare I say, compassion?--with manipulation.

Also, Ginosion, if I were lucky enough to live in Ogden I would be preparing my stacks of books for the upcoming book signing. It's been 3 long years since my last encounter with the MAN, at Ender-Con in 2002. By the way, is there anything in the works that is similar? I was under the impression that it was to be a recurring event. Anyone?

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Last thing I heard about EnderCon was Mr. Card saying that it was like asking a woman who just gave birth, when she would have another baby.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMBG
Member # 8390

- posted      Profile for TMBG   Email TMBG         Edit/Delete Post 
See now, as a woman with a farely new baby, I would have to interject with my expertise and say: That totally depends on your experience.

With this last baby, I wanted another one right away. Of course, I outgrew those feelings in a hurry.

But I waited 5 years in between my two kids, and have never regretted it, nor second-guessed my reasonings.

So that leaves us at the point: It's been 3 whole years! When is he going to have another baby?!?

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
>>But I waited 5 years in between my two kids, and have never regretted it, nor second-guessed my reasonings.

FIVE YEARS?

Didn't you get hungry?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It was more of a squirrel-tap between two freinds (even though we have never met in real life or have carried a big disscustion and any point or time).

So nothing like it, then?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

Hee hee...

That was like my young son saying once this guy was like Boba Fett only he was short, didn't wear armor or use guns and he was girl. And I asked, "So....how WAS she like Boba Fett?" and my son replied, "Ummm, she was cool like him."

Can't beat THAT logic!

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Palmatier
Member # 8415

- posted      Profile for Eric Palmatier   Email Eric Palmatier         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it all, I'm new again. I had an account about four years ago when my wife (TMBG) and I lived in NC. Couldn't find the old one, had to start a new one.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puppy:
I hate "I'm new" threads, but not nearly so much as "I'm leaving" threads [Smile]

Generally, I hate the I'm leaving threads too...but I do find them amusing when someone posts one, and you don't even recognize their username anyway.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starr R
Member # 8361

- posted      Profile for Starr R   Email Starr R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome, new citizen of Hatrack.
... I am so glad you are posting messages now. I hope you will continue. And if you are starting an "I'm new here" thread, then feel free to paste this message into it...I love YOU.

[ROFL] Thanks, I needed that laugh. Now I feel SOOO special.
[Group Hug] Hugs for everyone!

Starr,
not-quite-new(bie)

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

AHHH!

A gaggle of Wal-Mart Spokespeople embracing intimately!

Starr R
Member # 8361

- posted      Profile for Starr R   Email Starr R         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Scary thought, that.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

It's just so sick and wrong...

(But you can't beat their prices!)

[The Wave]

vasco
Member # 8460

- posted      Profile for vasco   Email vasco         Edit/Delete Post 
hey you guys, OSC said he loves me! How special am I!

LOL

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You're just as special as the thousands and thousands of other registered members.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I can't believe? I've been on this forum for two years now and Orson Scott Card has yet to come to my house and sign all of my books.

If you'd like to refute my complaint Mr. Card, I live in the big brown house on Main Street in NW Albuquerque, New Mexico. Next Monday around noon would be great.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember priorities, though; I live in *censored*.

Haha! Nobody here knows where I actually live. *Sticks tongue out.*

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
While he's at it, he can come to Santa Fe and do mine
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celebrindal
Member # 8466

- posted      Profile for Celebrindal   Email Celebrindal         Edit/Delete Post 
Colorado Springs is just up the road from there maybe he can sign all my books too!! [Party]
Posts: 27 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.