FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Prior Restraint

Author Topic: Prior Restraint
whatsup7196
Member # 8308

- posted      Profile for whatsup7196   Email whatsup7196         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anybody else think that this short story was great? It was a highly thought-provoking read.

What do you all think about it?

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatsup7196
Member # 8308

- posted      Profile for whatsup7196   Email whatsup7196         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, somebody go to the library section and read this (under the short story menu).
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
If it has OSC's name on it, chances are I'll like it. To me, he's the most consistent writer of thought-provoking and entertaining stories.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Doc Murdock, on whom "Doc" is based, is still writing, leading a writing group in the Bay Area of California. And the "mad Frenchman" they had as a teacher is Francois Camoin, a wonderful writer and great teacher who heads the creative writing program at the U of Utah. I rarely base characters on real people, but I wrote this story for Francois's workshop, when Doc was a fellow student.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somnium
Member # 8482

- posted      Profile for Somnium   Email Somnium         Edit/Delete Post 
I absolutely loved it. Found it to be ingenious.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya its awesome. Not my favorite but I liked the character of Doc mostly because hes a great poker player. Also it made you think when you were done.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.