FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Amazing! Mr. Card Performs a Miracle!

Author Topic: Amazing! Mr. Card Performs a Miracle!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I forced my brother, who hates reading, to read Ender's Game . And I think he is enjoying it. He is a rather slow reader, but he has been reading more often. And reading a lot can only make you better. Thank you Mr. Card!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catseye1979
Member # 5560

- posted      Profile for Catseye1979   Email Catseye1979         Edit/Delete Post 
I could count the amount of books my 27 year old brother has willingly read for his own enjoyment on just two hands before I introdced Ender's Shadow to him last year, since then he has read all of the Enderverse books and the Alvin Maker books so in the last year he's read more for enjoyment the he had in previous 26 years, so that makes two Miracles.
Posts: 147 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
...and I had a grilled cheese sandwich with an image of OSC's face on the front. But I ate it.
Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also a non-reader. Now I'm barely a reader. But I read OSC.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
I have always been an incessant reader and whenever I find an exceptional author read all of his/her books and if they are magnificent buy most of them. That doesnt say much besides Mr. Card is a very good author.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
By the way I did buy most of his books...
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Here here! OSC put me on to reading, and just like RunningBear I read/buy authors and OSC was the start of my collection.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackthorne
Member # 8295

- posted      Profile for Blackthorne   Email Blackthorne         Edit/Delete Post 
I loaned my now sacred (signed by OSC) copy of Ender's Game to a grand total of sixteen people, and all of them went on to purchase the rest of the series. Some continued with other books he wrote, and some just continue to read more often.
Posts: 60 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
I used Ender's game to weed out future mates. I knew I found the right woman when she loved the book and started on the rest of the series. Which was good, as I read all the time and if she doesn't like books, she could never understand me.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackthorne
Member # 8295

- posted      Profile for Blackthorne   Email Blackthorne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tern:
I used Ender's game to weed out future mates. I knew I found the right woman when she loved the book and started on the rest of the series. Which was good, as I read all the time and if she doesn't like books, she could never understand me.

My sister told me I had to marry someone who enjoyed Jane Eyre.
Posts: 60 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
My little sister had two book worms for older siblings and therefore hates books. To date she has only finished Enders Game as far as unassigned reading is concerned.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.