FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » King Arthur Stuart?

Author Topic: King Arthur Stuart?
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
(possible Alvin Maker SPOILERS up to BOOK 5)

Ok, 'Tales of Alvin Maker.' Ok, it's alternate history, so other than there being magic, theres still other differences.

I guess one is that the Revolutionary War never took place, since the Crown Colonies still exist. I guess this happened because George Washington was beheaded and never led it (or is there a different reason?)

Anyway, the book says that King Arthur Stuart is an exiled king from Great Britain. I want to know if he is based on an actual person or...what?

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ziusudra
Member # 8601

- posted      Profile for Ziusudra   Email Ziusudra         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe King James VII or one of his decendants.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Oliver Cromwell in real life led a revolt against the monarchy that got the king of England, Charles I, executed.

My understanding is that in the Alvinverse, Charles fled to America and his descendants became the Kings of England In Exile.

Also, what in our universe was called the United States of America, in the Alivnverse there are three countries. There's America in the middle, New England in the north, and the Crown Colonies in the South.

There was an American revolution in the Alivinverse, but it was different.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.