FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC and his glorious Audio books! Maker series?

Author Topic: OSC and his glorious Audio books! Maker series?
RynoW1
Member # 8365

- posted      Profile for RynoW1   Email RynoW1         Edit/Delete Post 
First off I want to say how much I LOVE OSC's audio books. Living in DC I'm stuck in traffic a lot and being in grad school all of my sit-down reading time is devoted to other readings. Being able to be mobile while listening to his works is heaven.

I've gone through the entire Ender/Bean series and am starting The Worthing Saga but I REALLY want to begin the Alvin Maker series. I've seen Crystal City on audio book but that’s the only one.

Any word on the entire series being made into an audio book? Hopefully it’s with some of the same voice actors that are in the Ender/Bean books. They are truly incredible.

Thanks for the ear candy OSC!

Posts: 64 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
We are working on Seventh Son right now - I may even read a few chapters myself. There are also versions of the later books read by an actress from Star Trek: Next Generation; but those might be out of print and unavailable.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume the ones on Audible.Com are true to the CD versios.. but the presentation, with multiple readers (I think four) really adds a lot to it. Very well done. (Although the asian accent on parts of people in Xenocide is sometimes grating)
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, all of the Alvin Maker series (except Crystal City) was available abridged and read by Nana Vistor (from DS9). They are really pretty good, even as abridgments. In fact, of all OSC books, the abridgment of the AM series was the least painful. Maybe because they were so short and the abridgment was 4 tapes and so they could include a greater percentage of the story (unlike, say, Xenocide, with two tapes for a 600+page book, read by the terrible Mark Rolston.)

I think you can find them at Amazon (used) or on Ebay. I purchased the ones I was missing that way. (But I don't have Crystal City, yet. That one, I think, in unabridged and read by Stefan Rudniki.)

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.