FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Bunks in Ender's Game (Maybe Mr. Card Can Help?)

Author Topic: Bunks in Ender's Game (Maybe Mr. Card Can Help?)
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
The members of Virtual Battle School were discussing the bunks. There seems to be a problem deciding how many tiers the bunks had. Some think two and some think three. And we have a quote from the Ender's Shadow. But from another person's copy the noted page that mentioned the bunks is different from the other. Does anyone know exactly how many levels the bunks had?

[ September 27, 2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forensicgeek
Member # 8430

- posted      Profile for forensicgeek           Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought it was two...and it especially seemed that way in Shadow Puppets
Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think two, because they use the words 'top and bottom' bunk when talking about them.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

But a bunk with three tiers would still have a 'top and bottom' bunk.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I would like to officially *bump* this thread.
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
It is two. dont argue. my russian sense knows it.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WntrMute
Member # 7556

- posted      Profile for WntrMute           Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought three, but I was in the Nav for a while, and that's just how it was there.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Three. But maybe I forgot in one of the later books. Definitely three when I was writing the screenplay, though, and definitely three when I was writing the novel Ender's Game.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Thank you!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.