FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Reader

Author Topic: New Reader
cajm
Member # 8681

- posted      Profile for cajm   Email cajm         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Card,

I am a veracious reader, but only recently have I started reading Sci/Fi, all due to my daughter who reads and writes this venue almost exclusively. She introduced me to your novels, starting with The "Ender" series. After the first book, I was hooked.

Your writing is so real, your dialog and characters so believable. After reading the posts of others on this forum, I realize that I am only one of many admirer's.

Your books, although set in an imaginary world, carry so much insight into the human consciousness, and to me are as relavant in an allegorical sense,( and a lot easier to read) as "War & Peace".

With your understanding, and scope of the human perspective, I would guess you would have been a Diplomat, Political Science advisor, and of course, the word "Priest, Minister, or even Shaman" comes to mind. Your insight and ability could certainly be used in any of those areas.

Thank you for many more hours of reading pleasure and Learning.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC 08! OSC 08! OSC 08! OSC 08!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
OSC 08! OSC 08! OSC 08! OSC 08!

Wooo! *runs around waving an OSC 08 banner*
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
But who will be his running mate?
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
archon
Member # 8008

- posted      Profile for archon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joldo:
But who will be his running mate?

TomDavidson!
Posts: 50 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Gary Coleman should be OSC's vice president.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
cajm: Welcome to Hatrack! [Wave]
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Tom would run against him from the other party. Papa might be a good VP for the Card ticket.
I want to be the Sec of State on the ticket

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
CARD AND PAPA IN 08!!!!!!!!!!!! I know theres age limitations on pres and vp but what about cabinet members? I swear Ide make a good defense secretary. Think about it...
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Kathy Kidd?
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajm
Member # 8681

- posted      Profile for cajm   Email cajm         Edit/Delete Post 
Juat an afternote. [Smile]
I spoke to a friend of mine (published author) and brought up Mr. Card's SciFi novels. She had actually sat next to him at a Writer's Convention and said he was "A truly nice person".

She had never read his SciFi, but was familiar with his other writings, which now will give me even more hours of reading to look forward too.
:-)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
Cajm: Don't sleep on Worthing Saga.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.