FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Katrina has enlightened me....

Author Topic: Katrina has enlightened me....
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was reading the Crystal City, for some reason I got the impression that Lake Pontichairn was a rather small lake. (Where I live, lakes are always small.) I was wondering what the big deal was, when Arthur kept worrying about how they were gonna reach the other side, and how they had to use the greensong to get there.

Then watching news about Katrina, they showed a map of NO, and there was Lake Pontichairn, and it was enormous. like twice as big as the entire city. then that chapter when they crossed the lake made a whole lot more sense to me.

Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, she's a biggie. Good fishin, too.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

and how do you spell it anyway?
Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Pontchartrain, I believe.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

there we go.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.