FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Mazer story - With spoilers (I guess...)

Author Topic: New Mazer story - With spoilers (I guess...)
Leaf
Member # 7880

- posted      Profile for Leaf   Email Leaf         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I know there are mentions of this story in the few new magazine threads, but I wanted to give this story it's own thread.
Man, subscribe to this magazine, and read that story.
Funny stuff, funny story. So I created this thread so we could all talk about it if we want, a more generalized place.
So don't be mad.

The best part was definately Mazer calling everyone an idiot. hahahaha....
Aaahhhh.....

Wonder what it'll be next month, but just the ender stories alone will be worth the money, not to mention all the other GREAT features.

So... later...
(goes off to re read Ender's Game... u know why..)

Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That story made me want to read EG and ES again. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leaf
Member # 7880

Haha... I knew it. That's what I meant, (but you knew that)
Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Not next month, alas. The magazine is a quarterly. But I'm glad you liked the story!
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody I've told about this magazine today has asked how frequent it will bet. I'm glad to have an answer now.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leaf
Member # 7880

Oh all right.. quarterly. That's fine too. Either way, I hope there's more. And I'm glad that you saw my post, OSC.
MoralDK
Member # 8395

- posted      Profile for MoralDK   Email MoralDK         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Graff is interesting enough to rate his own book one day.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the argument can be made that Graff already has his own book, in a way.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
That was a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now I want to read a series of stories about Mazer winning the first war. They're in the queue, aren't they? Please?

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leaf
Member # 7880

quote:
Originally posted by MoralDK:
I think Graff is interesting enough to rate his own book one day.

I second this opinion.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazer in Prison
I really enjoyed this story. I already knew Mazer was cunning and prescient, but seeing him single-handedly outsmart the entire IF was a lot of fun. It was also nice to see him midway on his journey to becoming a cranky old man.

Graff was a delight. Any questions as to how an organization as universally inefficient as the IF managed to envision and enact a program like Battle School were answered. It's interesting seeing him from another perspective.

The only frustrating thing is that the more I learn, the more I want to learn. It's easy to see why authors get so attached to their universes.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.