FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Stories of Strength

Author Topic: Stories of Strength
Nav
Member # 8812

- posted      Profile for Nav   Email Nav         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, I'm new. I hope I'm not over reaching by posting this. I searched but couldn't find any previous posts about this.

A new book was released yesterday, and it includes work by Mr. Card. It's entitled Stories of Strength, and 100% of all proceeds go to disaster relief charities.

http://www.storiesofstrength.com/

The book includes Orson Scott Card's short story "The Best Day" and his hymn "Let No Hands Be Idle Here." It also includes original work by more than 100 other authors, including Wil Wheaton and Robin Lee Hatcher.

Here is a link to the press release about the book. And here is the link to the Lulu page. It will be up on Amazon shortly.

It's being published by Lulu, a POD press, who are also donating all of their profits to the cause.

Again, I apologize if this is inappropriate or considered spam. Thanks!

[ November 03, 2005, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Nav ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't seem inappropriate at all--it's a book that features a couple of works by Card, and you're letting people on Card's site know it's here. Thanks for letting us know!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dropofTapioca
Member # 7867

- posted      Profile for dropofTapioca   Email dropofTapioca         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad they have a download version, since I'm too impatient to wait a week for the printed copy. =)
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nav
Member # 8812

- posted      Profile for Nav   Email Nav         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Noemon. I was afraid it'd be considered spam 'cause I have a story in there as well. But I forgot to mention that part in the original post, anyway.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
It can't be spam if it isn't in my mailbox. It's very kind of you to let it be known that the book exists. Thanks!
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card:
It can't be spam if it isn't in my mailbox.

Then what on earth is all the junk in my mailbox?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.