FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender's Game movie

Author Topic: Ender's Game movie
Assassin Link
Member # 8817

- posted      Profile for Assassin Link   Email Assassin Link         Edit/Delete Post 
When is it coming out and will it have Bean's story in it too?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
February 2012, and yes it will have Bean's story in it.
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

sorry for spazing but I must have seen 10 topics in the year I have been here.

2012!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javelin
Member # 8643

- posted      Profile for Javelin   Email Javelin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya don't know Kent, do ya Blayne? [Big Grin]
Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
There's gonna be an Ender's Game movie!!

Awesome to the max.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusta-burger
Member # 8753

- posted      Profile for Rusta-burger   Email Rusta-burger         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I correct in thinking OSC has stopped posting here for a while? I understand if he's busy, I'm just curious.
Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
sorry for spazing but I must have seen 10 topics in the year I have been here
Just ten? I've seen that many on this topic just this past month. I often wonder if it's the same person that starts it just to irritate the rest of us.

But then again, it could just be newbie that doesn't know the ropes and it's me that is being rude.

I think the only safe way to go about this is to welcome the new person to our humble forum. [Wave]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
He posted yesterday.

But I think he may be sick of answering this question, as a quick perusal of the first few pages will reveal no less than three threads asking it.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusta-burger
Member # 8753

- posted      Profile for Rusta-burger   Email Rusta-burger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I do notice at least 50% of the posts here seems to be wanting his opinion, but what else could he expect, coming into a forum titled "Discussions about "himself"".
Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Kent??
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Father?
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

SON!!! My long lost son come to papa!
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, weirded out.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Concerning the Ender's Game Movie -- Do you think Jake Lloyd would make a better Mazer Rackham than Haley Joel Osment? I do.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somnium
Member # 8482

- posted      Profile for Somnium   Email Somnium         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, Haley Joel Osment has shown alot of potential to mature into the role of the sarcastic and embittered man who I view as Mazer Rackham. Perhaps time will tell of the next 30 years as he takes more and more serious roles building up to his audition in Ender's Game.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Locke2525
Member # 7554

- posted      Profile for Locke2525   Email Locke2525         Edit/Delete Post 
i dont wanna see an EG movie....Peter jackson did a decent job with lotr...
but
we r all to diehard to go and see it and not complain about parts of the book beign taken out.

lol
im jsut worried the director wont be passionate about it..and well, when they arent passionate they dont put as much effort into it.....

imo

Posts: 65 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Even if it's terrible it's not like the book itself is going anywhere. Just look at that terrible David Lynch adaptation of Dune. I love the book, and yet I still get a kick out of watching that mess. I'm not one of those fans who'll be personally offended just because the film doesn't mesh with my own personal vision. If and when the film is made, I'll be right there on opening night, and I'll no doubt own the DVD when it's available, for better or worse. Above all else, I just want to see one of my favourite novels acted out on screen.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickinthehead
Member # 8711

- posted      Profile for sickinthehead           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it true OSC has already chosen actor to play Ender? I was told he wants some kid called Jimmy Jack Pinchnak (or some such name) but I can't find any confirmation for that
Posts: 12 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joeyconrad
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for joeyconrad           Edit/Delete Post 
There was an brief update over on aint it cool news about a month ago:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21499

Posts: 24 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.