FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Song of Ice and Fire, Book Four

Author Topic: Song of Ice and Fire, Book Four
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
So, it's finally in the USA. I heard you were a pal of Mr. Martin, I just wanted to know if you read it yet, and what you think of the serise in general.

Personally, I think this is the fantasy serise that writers will try to match in the future in place of Tolkien's.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
"Pal" overstates the relationship. I know George, and I like him a lot, and I admire his work. But we don't hang out, we don't write to each other, and I got my copy of the book when Amazon sent it to me yesterday.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
bLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Shepherd,
Did you step on one of your sheep?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it when that happens. Cleaning mutton out from between your toes is the pits.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
syipress
Member # 7569

- posted      Profile for syipress   Email syipress         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read a lot of reviews on a Feast for Crows saying that it was not as good as the other three books because nothing happens and too many new characters are introduced. I think that those claims are unfounded. The characters had always been there and were mentioned, they just never had chapters named after them. I actually think that I enjoyed this book more than the others. The plot doesn't move too far, but Martin takes the time to set up for some very exciting things in the future, as well as develop his characters a bit more. All in all it stands toe to toe with his other works.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.