FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » So...

Author Topic: So...
Locke2525
Member # 7554

- posted      Profile for Locke2525   Email Locke2525         Edit/Delete Post 
How soon until the enxt great OSC book comes out
(i presume its rather a battle school christmas, or the linking of the 2 enders series)

Posts: 65 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Battle School Christmas book got axed.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Locke2525
Member # 7554

- posted      Profile for Locke2525   Email Locke2525         Edit/Delete Post 
dang, that waso ne of the parts of EG i wished they went more into, all of the different cultures of Battle school..AND also just the school without a main character there.
Posts: 65 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender vs. Alvin
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
And there's the bell for round 1, ladies and gents.

The combatants come out of their corners, AND...

Uh.

Well.

Ender is just standing there... Alvin is doing something similar, but with a little extra handwaving...

Oh, and there it is folks, Alvin unleashed the DNA Decoupler, a skill most Alvin fans will remember was used against Lanik Mueller to great affect. Indeed, it's hard to regenerate anything when your DNA is separated by several feet of nothing...

The referee is going to raise Alvin's hand, but WAIT, suddenly there are 15 Enders in the ring! It appears Ender was pulling the old subvocalizing move, and he actually popped outside to get some reinforcements! They rush Alvin and prove the old adage "the enemy's gait is down"!

Ender wins it here, folks. We have a bit of a commotion as Arthur Stuart is trying to argue that Ender should have been counted out when he went outside... But there's good old Val argue some mumbo-jumbo about the interconnectedness of Ouija Boards, or something...

Anywho, there you have it folks! Another exciting outcome here on OSC's Intergalactic Fight Club!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought at first, Alvin, was referring to the chipmunk cartoon. Would have been a better fight.
Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*whistles and applauds*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Was there a real plan for a Battleschool Christmas? That sounds far too much like a giggly, sappy fanfiction.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there was.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
. . .

Dare I ask what it was to be about?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, you seem like a daring sort of guy. I'm betting you'll go for it.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

But seriously, I have no real idea. It may have been discussed, but I didn't pay a whole lot of attention.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Not axed, postponed.
A tad more info.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember OSC posted something specificly saying it would be the opposite of a cute Christmas novel.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.