FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC Games

Author Topic: OSC Games
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
so wat exactly is the exact list of all games based off of a work by OSC or a game where OSC worked on in some way?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

- posted      Profile for Sm34rZ           Edit/Delete Post 
There's The Curse of Monkey Island ™ for one... fun game :-) I was soo surprised to see his name in the credits when I beat it.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
The Dig is another.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
Star Control was partially inspired by OSC.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindbowels
Member # 7407

- posted      Profile for Mindbowels           Edit/Delete Post 
Hacker Snack.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Star Control was partially inspired by OSC.
Can you think of anything besides the names of some of the Terran captains, that appears to have been inspired by OSC's work?

Large parts of it, especially the Spaathi, seem to be inspired by Niven's Tales of Known Space (which include Ringworld).

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what specifically was inspired by OSC, I just know that he's listed as an inspiration in the credits in the StarCon II manual.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerto
Member # 8810

- posted      Profile for Aerto   Email Aerto         Edit/Delete Post 
Advent Rising
Posts: 102 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't he involved in Loom in some way?

And isn't it The Secret of Monkey Island? It's been years, so I could be misremembering, but that's what I thought it was called.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Silly, it's The Tater-Tate of Monkey Island.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tern:
I'm not sure what specifically was inspired by OSC, I just know that he's listed as an inspiration in the credits in the StarCon II manual.

AFAIK, it's nothing more than the fact that one of the captains on the terran vessels is named Ender.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I heard there was an OSC inspired MMORPG what is it? I think it was based on the Alvin maker series.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
It is the Secret of Monkey Island and I believe that he did some in Monkey Island 2 Lechuck's Revenge.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's in the works, Blayne.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.