FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Does OSC listen to Patricia Corwell?

Author Topic: Does OSC listen to Patricia Corwell?
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I just downloaded "Predator" from audible, and am halfway into it on my i-pod by the end of the day

PC is nowhere near the character development and (sorry PC) "taste" factors so essential in OSC's writing, but she is an interesting Serial writer, and her stories are diverting, if a bit repetitive. THey have gone downhill in recent years, but the last 3 novels have shown a recovery in the works,

What does OSC and the rest of the Community think of PC

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

PS. OSC: don't write me off because I bought a plastic one-button peice of trash for 300 dollars, I know its a ridiculous fad... I have no excuse
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Patricia Cornwell? Of Dr. Kay Scarpetta? Or is this someone else?

I used to read her books, but they just got too, well, icky for me. (Even though I enjoy CSI: New York and Miami and SVU and NCIS. It was more the stuff with the characters that got to be too much for me, actually. And I just didn't want to live in the world they live in-- absolutely the opposite of how I feel about many of Mr. Card's books, even the rather disturbing ones. Well, the rather disturbing ones, not the really disturbing one/s.) I did read the last one (well, maybe second to last) and it didn't seem quite as bad, but I only read it out of desperation and have no desire to go get the new one.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

If you're not desperate, don't bother, it isn't the stuff dreams are made of
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
The only book of hers I've read is Portrait of a Killer, the non-fiction one about Jack the Ripper. I thought it was fascinating, and of course very disturbing. I don't know that I'd make a habit of reading her fiction if it's along similar lines, though. Once in a long while is enough for me.
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.