FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » For Those Unable to Find OSC Books Locally...

Author Topic: For Those Unable to Find OSC Books Locally...
Joshua Newberry
Member # 7864

- posted      Profile for Joshua Newberry   Email Joshua Newberry         Edit/Delete Post 
I just won an eBay auction for 10 OSC books, and Legends. I need a few of the books out of the set to finish my collection, but I feel generous right now and therefore offer the following Card novels to be mailed via Media Mail to the first claimants. Please e-mail me, and post your claim, as the first person to respond gets it, unless I happen across another copy of the same book. All books are paperback, and in "Good" condition (for those familiar with bookstore ratings). I'd consider them "reading" or "loaner" copies, until I receive them myself and can check their condition more thoroughly.

The books offered are:

Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
(Claimed) Speaker for the Dead (Claimed)
(Claimed) The Memory of Earth (Claimed)
(Claimed) Enchantment (Claimed)
AND
(Claimed) Legends I (Containing the Grinning Man Alvin Maker short story)(Claimed)

My e-mail is epipsychidion at gmail dot com for those interested in my offer. Hopefully someone can make use of these books, otherwise they're going to the used bookstore for other readers in the Clemson area.

[ February 05, 2006, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Joshua Newberry ]

Posts: 57 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I already own all of those.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Should I read memory?
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Just emailed a claim for Speaker. I haven't read that in years.

edit:Josh says I bagged Speaker. Thanks, Josh!

And thanks for the quick response.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua Newberry
Member # 7864

- posted      Profile for Joshua Newberry   Email Joshua Newberry         Edit/Delete Post 
GoogleTalk tells me in realtime when I receive a message. It's handy when I'm sitting at my laptop anyway. ^_^
Posts: 57 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
I want two of those books but sadly live too far away and am too cheap to pay the extra mailing costs. [Frown]
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd really like Memory of Earth, so I'll be emailing about that. How much is shipping? And thanks alot for offering these books. Very nice of you.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua Newberry
Member # 7864

GaalDornick is set to receive MoE. Shipping's on me, via media mail.

cheiros, tell me with an e-mail where you are, and I'll check rates, and see if I can splurge for you.

GaalDornick
Member # 8880

That's so awesome. You are incredible, Joshua. Thank you so much.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed about Enchantment. *hopes*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you an email about the Legends anthology. Thank you for doing this. The level of generosity in these forums is amazing.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua Newberry
Member # 7864

Enchantment and Legends are now both claimed, by rivka and theCrowsWife respectively.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Yippee! Thank you. [Big Grin]

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua Newberry
Member # 7864

The books got to me today, so they'll go out again to those who claimed them within the next two days.
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Ummmm, has anyone recieved their book yet? I still haven't gotten Memory of Earth.
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

Me neither. I was just about to send an email to Joshua and came looking for this thread to verify dates.

*emails now*

--Mel

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.