FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Speaking for the dead (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Speaking for the dead
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
A question I have always had that seems to never have been brought up - is it even possible to do a Speaking? Seems the only people who could pull it off would be psychologists. I mean, its about understanding motivations along with the actions. And, frankly, I wouldn't trust them to understand me. If I wanted a Speaking than I would write my own to be read to an audience.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PyroMancer
Member # 9382

- posted      Profile for PyroMancer   Email PyroMancer         Edit/Delete Post 
You make a good point, but a good Speaker is a man (or woman) who is educated, and intellegent, and wise enough to discover who you really were. Of course, a speaking cannot take place instantly upon a person's death. The Speaker must come to know you first, and this means getting to know the people around you, your friends, family, lovers, and the general community. From the information and stories a Speaker learns from this enable him/her to understand, and intimately *know* who you were.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.