FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Enders game movie

Author Topic: Enders game movie
CalvinandThomasHobbes
Member # 9158

- posted      Profile for CalvinandThomasHobbes   Email CalvinandThomasHobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I am afraid that the kids playing the main character roles won't be able to express emotions. In most movies I have seen involving a child actor, they seem cheesy, or they overact. In the book Ender switches between soft caring child, to ruthless commander. Do you think it can be pulled off? Also will the movie, be rated R? Because a 5 year old boy beats another kid to death, twice.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention the child nudity, swearing, ethnic jokes, violence, gore, and People with interesting names. (Hot Soup)
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, though, I think that it's possible, but Ender's cxharacter would be very demanding, and the actor who portrayed him would have to be phenomenal. It's possible, though. [Smile]
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinandThomasHobbes
Member # 9158

- posted      Profile for CalvinandThomasHobbes   Email CalvinandThomasHobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I also think the movie would have to have a lot of special effects to be A+ material. Out of all books that were/will be made into a movie I am rooting for this one. Normally the big problem is not staying true to the story. But since the author is writing the screenplay, I think it's safe. Mr. Card has a lot on his plate.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
The child actor thing can actually work out. I was a skeptic, then I saw Finding Neverland and Millions, and now I'm a believer! Not just in decent child actors, but in good actors who happen to be children. If you doubt me, go rent Millions right now.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Millions was an excellent movie. The main child character (I'm not sure exactly who the actor was) expressed feelings spectacularly. I hope that EG can find child actors of that caliber.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.