FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » 2 questions for OSC

Author Topic: 2 questions for OSC
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mr. Card, I'm a long time reader and fan of all of your work, particularly, I hold the Speaker series of the Ender saga dear to me. I also really enjoyed Enchantment and your most recent Magic Street, so my first question is:

1. I know you have alot at your table right now, but I was wondering if you have any ideas milling about in your head for any more future fantasy works along the lines of Enchantment and Magic Street? They were great!

2. I also read on here a while ago that there was a PC game in the works based on Alvin's world. I was wondering if you knew how that was progressing and what we can expect to see from it?

Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
There IS another contemporary fantasy project, based on an old idea from the first days of my writing career, but made fresh by combining it with a storyline in our contemporary world. It's the magical world (and magic system) in Sandmagic ... I hope you'll like it.

As for the Alvin game, it all depends on funding. I think if the Alvin books sold more copies, it would be easier to raise the money. But the numbers may not be there for the millions it takes to create a good multi-user online game.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numinor West
Member # 9375

- posted      Profile for Numinor West   Email Numinor West         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a development team for $150,000
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8278223283&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Oops, only 4 hours left in the auction.

Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.