FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » College of William and Mary

Author Topic: College of William and Mary
DMLPro
Member # 8653

- posted      Profile for DMLPro   Email DMLPro         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Card, I just read your article on Colonial Williamsburg and saw your mention of William and Mary. I am an undergrad there now and wanted to know of your opinion (if you have one) of the school as it is now. Thanks.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DMLPro
Member # 8653

And by the way, the students here love the great (and highly underrated) education the school has to offer but finds the city of Williamsburg to be fairly boring.

[ January 15, 2011, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: DMLPro ]

Posts: 26 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was shocked to learn that William and Mary is a college and not a university. At least, I believe someone told me that back in the early 1990's.

I was going to post a "hey Dagonee" thread, but I bet he will check in here if he's still around.

So*, Dag, I now have a zip code that begins with a 2. I am thinking about the possibility of a get together sometime. Are you positively inclined toward such?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DMLPro
Member # 8653

Actually, the "College of William and Mary" is a university. They kept the College part to keep the name's tradition but it is not actually a college.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I guess someone was having me on. Also, I thought this was the other side of the forum and not the best way to organize a get-together. Sorry for the digression.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the campus was beautiful. Of course Williamsburg itself is boring when you LIVE there - tourists come and go in a day <grin>. But the town is lovely, and Barnes & Noble provides you a good bookstore, and you have water all around you. If you love mountains, you're in the wrong place.

I can't have an opinion of the school other than the look of the campus, of course, never having taught or attended classes there. You tell US.

All schools are overrated, if you judge by the promotional brochures.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.