FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Battleroom "League"

Author Topic: Battleroom "League"
Vicious
Member # 9369

- posted      Profile for Vicious   Email Vicious         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a while since I read Ender's Game and I'm afraid I don't have a copy to reference but if I'm not mistaken Anderson (Not sure if he was General Anderson...or even Anderson at all.) Mentioned to Graff about making the game into some kind of sport. It seemed like an intriguing idea. I'm not sure if this was actually mentioned in the ending of the book (I read the "Author's Definitive Edition" copy of Ender's Game.) but I am fairly sure as I remember a line about football players seeming like slugs to him now fairly well. I always thought, "Gee that would be an interesting book." I think this because the possiblities for such a book seem endless. Follow a struggling team's rise to fame. Anderson's (Or not... X_X) struggle to bring the sport to life. The rising of a hero of the sport. The crashing fall of a well established team in the sport to a rising team.

Thoughts?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the implication was that he was made sports commissioner of a league that played American Football on earth.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicious
Member # 9369

- posted      Profile for Vicious   Email Vicious         Edit/Delete Post 
As I said I don't have a Ender's Game copy to reference.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
pooka's right - but that misread bit of information does spring out some new ideas.
Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.