FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » I'M not NUMBER ONE!!

Author Topic: I'M not NUMBER ONE!!
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this question has probably been asked, but who are the first few members, with the lowest member numbers, on Hatrack?
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You can actually check on your own, believe it or not. Check your own profile, then replace your number with a lower one, and you'll see the user profile of THAT person.

Note that the numbers below around 250 occur in pretty much no particular order.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to click on my name and this is the easiest way to find it.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, to clarify you replace the number in the url, rather than a blank on the webpage.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Belgarath appears to be the active member with the lowest member number (#4 -- he's posted twice this year).

However, if you search around you can probably find the last thread where the oldtimers discussed how the usernames were ported to UBB from the old hatrack river on AOL in several batches.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Note that the numbers below around 250 occur in pretty much no particular order.

It's lower than 250, I think. My original member number is 206, and the join date for that account is accurate.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
As JT said, this topic has been discussed multiple times already. [Smile] Why do people obsess over silly little numbers?

Weren't the older members originally transferred in alphabetical order? I think I've heard that somewhere on a different thread. Explains why Belgarath has one of the smallest member numbers.

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

While OSC is a lot lower than that.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The first 200(?) or so where imported in 3 batches, alphabetically within the batch. That's how quite a few of the old timers have numbers lower than OSC's.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Child_of_Ender
Member # 9421

- posted      Profile for Child_of_Ender   Email Child_of_Ender         Edit/Delete Post 
also explains why aaron would be number one....this amuses me though: Registered: A Long Time Ago!

Yah...good times with guess work [Razz]

Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I chose my number because of its mystical significance, and assigned all the other early numbers according to which person reminded me of the player numbers on my old baseball card collection.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
And he's got a bridge in Brooklyn he'd liek to sell you too.
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numinor West
Member # 9375

- posted      Profile for Numinor West   Email Numinor West         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card:
I chose my number because of its mystical significance, and assigned all the other early numbers according to which person reminded me of the player numbers on my old baseball card collection.

This gave me a mild chuckle at first, but then blossomed into a nice belly laugh the more I thought about it. And then despair hit me as I realized I came on the scene too late to get such a special number. Sob.
Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, now your only chance for greatness is to have the most posts.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck beating Tom Davidson.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
My member number rules because it's sequential.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.