FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC Wiki - please help

Author Topic: OSC Wiki - please help
Noodle
Member # 1962

- posted      Profile for Noodle   Email Noodle         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, I created an OSC wiki on wikia (the same people who made wikipedia) and I'm looking for people to help contribute to it. At the moment, I'm working on moving the Philoticweb Encyclopedia information over to the wiki, but eventually I would like it to cover all of OSCs works.

There was a post about this already on Hatrack, but I was told to try this side of the forum. so forgive me if you already knew about this.

It's already shaping up to be a better resource than the Philoticweb Encyclopedia because of the interlinking available. But where it will really shine is in the amount of information we can compile about all the other OSC works.

The Orson Scott Card Wiki

Thanks [Smile]
Noodle

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
There's some video game that OSC helped to write part of. I just can't remember what it was call...ah Advent Rising. I think.

OSC helped to write Advent Rising. You could just plop that into the video game section.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you see the problems we had with the other:

http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbmain/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004281;p=0&r=nfx

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noodle
Member # 1962

- posted      Profile for Noodle   Email Noodle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
There's some video game that OSC helped to write part of. I just can't remember what it was call...ah Advent Rising. I think.

OSC helped to write Advent Rising. You could just plop that into the video game section.

This is pprecisely the kind of edit I am hoping to find others to do. I could create the entire wiki myself, but I simply don't have an encylopedic knowledge of all things OSC, and frankly I don't have enough time. At the moment, I am devoting over an hour a day to this site and I simply don't have the resources to be the only contributor.

And Jay, I read that whole thread and don't see how it plays into this project. My aim is to make a site that has a complete reference to all characters, items, places and events referenced in OSC's works.

It seems to me that the issues referenced in the wikipedia thread wouldn't come into play on this wiki. Neutral Point of View shouldn't come into play on this wiki as it is intended to be more of a reference for fans than anything else. As a matter of fact, I would welcome edits/new articles from OSC himself. [Smile]

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.