FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Reinventing Peter Wiggin

Author Topic: Reinventing Peter Wiggin
cagreat1
Member # 8511

- posted      Profile for cagreat1   Email cagreat1         Edit/Delete Post 
my friend and i are having an argument. he says that in the ender's shadow series peter's character is reinvented from what it was originally intended to be in ender's game. he says that peter wiggin was more aggressive, vicious, and basically mean in ender's game. in ender's shadow series, peter wiggen (according to him) is changed to a pansy, who is not aggressive, and holds back all the time, and is not mean so much as he is sullen to the rest of the characters.

I personally think that peter is in fact the same manipulative person he always has been. He wasn't reinvented, but he was more calculating. I personally think that peter was the same person in both series. Peter knew what he needed to do to accomplish his goals and he did just that. He was a little more mature which helped him to be more reserved at times when this was required.

does anyone else feel peter wiggin was re-invented in the shadow series or do people believe that peter is the same person he always was?

Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
IMO he didn't change he only grew older and therefore didn't need so much to use the same tactics that he had as a child, and he also had Bean to backup any of his threats with actions.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grim
Member # 9165

- posted      Profile for Grim           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you he is more mature and is backed by bean so he dosen't need to be as openly vicious.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers, Grim [Hat]
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.