FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What OSC book should I read next?

Author Topic: What OSC book should I read next?
Cyronist
Member # 9691

- posted      Profile for Cyronist           Edit/Delete Post 
Well this is my first post on these forums, so I fell that I should introduce myself.
I'm 14, and ever seince I ran into Ender's Game 2 or 3 years ago I've been trying to get my hands on as many OSC books as I can. I've enjoyed every single one that I've read. I'm trying to read them all, and heres a list of what I've read so far.

Ender's Game
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
Shadow of the Giant
Seventh Son
Red Prophet
Prentice Alvin
Alvin Journeyman
Heartfire
The Crystal City
The Memory of Earth
The Call of Earth
The Ships of Earth
Earthfall
Earthborn
The Abyss
First Meetings
The Folk of the Fringe
Lost Boys
Pastwacth
Robota
Treason
The Worthing Saga/Cronicle

So theres my list. I'm wondering what to read next, I've got my eyes on Wyrms, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

[ August 31, 2006, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Cyronist ]

Posts: 57 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Enchantment.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jqueasy
Member # 7085

- posted      Profile for Jqueasy   Email Jqueasy         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't go wrong with enchantment, also try treasure box.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 9669

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama         Edit/Delete Post 
Nineteen-Eighty-Four.

Oh wait, that was Orwell...

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wyrms is excellent.

I've also been enjoying the Women of Genesis series. A departure from his sci-fi, but really wonderfully written and very interesting. No surprise, he does historic fiction as well as he does science fiction and fantasy!

The Alvin series is one of my favorite sets of books of all time. What did you think of it?

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
You're missing an Alvin book in there somewhere, I'd definitely complete the series...And then I would have to also say Enchantment. It's a Wonderful book. And Magic Street was also excellent!
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, and one more...Pastwatch is really good...ooh, and Lovelock written with Katherine Kidd. Excellent book.
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyronist
Member # 9691

- posted      Profile for Cyronist           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I filled in the Alvin Journeyman, forgot to add it to the list.

And I LOVED the Alvin series, just finished The Crystal City naught 2 days ago. Beautifully written.
So Enchantment, Wyrms, Magic Street, Women of Genesis, and Treasure Box. Am I missing anything?

Posts: 57 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
If you like the Women of Genesis series, you might like Stone Tables. It's about Moses. I really like his historical fiction based on biblical characters. Gives me another way to look at those stories.

And of course, I'd have to give an Nth vote to Enchantment. My personal favorite.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:
If you like the Women of Genesis series, you might like Stone Tables. It's about Moses. I really like his historical fiction based on biblical characters. Gives me another way to look at those stories.

And of course, I'd have to give an Nth vote to Enchantment. My personal favorite.

Cool, I'll check it out as soon as I finish Leah and Rachel.

I'm a big nut for "ancient" historic fic, so I was super duper happy to discover OSC's Biblical fic novels. Good times for Libbie! Many hours of happy history!

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget Hart's Hope! That's a good one.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.