FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » At last

Author Topic: At last
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is of no significance for anyone but me, but many people, and so do I, like to talk about themselves, and so will I. At last, after years of waiting for Shadow of the Giant to be released in Poland I went to Dublin (I am in Dublin now, any Dubliners want to go out for Guiness or Beamish or Murphy's;)? and I went to a nice bookshop. And there it was, a title I was craving to see in "American Bookshop" in Warsaw (they didnt have it!), "Shadow of the Giant" 10 Euros. I didnt have my wallet. Well, Im gonna buy it tomorrow [Big Grin]
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anshi
Member # 9643

- posted      Profile for Anshi   Email Anshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't buy so many beers in celebration that you've no euros left for the book tomorrow!

(And congrats!) [Party]

Posts: 32 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Heck, i would have loaned you my copy.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mr Card [Smile] But it was easier to go to Ireland than to ask you nevertheless. But I will bear that in mind, so that next time you write a book that wont be published here in Poland I'll come straight to you:) May I also say- great book. I read it (almost) on my flight from Dublin to Warsaw:)
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, my Polish publisher brings EVERYTHING out in Polish. Isn't that true anymore? Bummer!
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.