FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender's Game Gift Edition Help

Author Topic: Ender's Game Gift Edition Help
coz007
Member # 9826

- posted      Profile for coz007   Email coz007         Edit/Delete Post 
Barns and Noble just contacted me to tell me my Ender's Game Gift Edition was in. Im very confused about what this is. I thought it was a hardcover version of Ender's Game inside a box. The lady that works there tell me it is just a regular blue hard cover edition. Any help?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Idris
Member # 9525

- posted      Profile for Idris   Email Idris         Edit/Delete Post 
I searched for it on amazon and it gives the impression is the whole ender series
Posts: 28 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of it myself, but a batch of new Ender's Game hardcovers just arrived at our house. They have NO jacket, but a very nice hard cover with the traditional Ender's Game cover art as a reduced inset in the middle of the front cover. No quotes or blurbs or other jacket copy - so I think this is probably what you mean by "gift edition." Actually, to me it looks more like what I'd call a "library edition" - but that's a good thing. No jacket to get ragged. It looks quite nice and elegant, actually. I'm glad it exists.

It may be that this is what has replaced the hardcover of ender's game - it may be the only one available from now on. But nobody has discussed this with me so I haven't a clue. Looks great, though!

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.