FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » In the Provo, UT area?

Author Topic: In the Provo, UT area?
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC is doing a signing at the BYU Bookstore this Friday, December 8 starting at 12:00pm. I am told that he will stay as long as there are people wanting books signed. I hope this means he'll be there for a while, because I can't get in line until after work.

Hooray! I wasn't going to buy Empire right away, but now it looks like I will. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you procrastinate buying Empire and you are rewarded with a personal visit from OSC. That's why we are so jealous Utah Mormons [Wink]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year when he was here at BYU promoting Magic Street the line was probably 2-3 hours long by the time I got into it. It snaked back and forth among the stacks. I'll probably stop by as well only at 1pm because I have class until then.

Bryant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
Man, you procrastinate buying Empire and you are rewarded with a personal visit from OSC. That's why we are so jealous Utah Mormons [Wink]

Are you already speaking derisively of Utah Mormons, Pooka? That didn't take long, did it? [Razz]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I was born out here, Mr. walked right through an OSC signing in college. Though I have to confess I let a little thing like lack of money and childcare and reliable transport keep me from the writer's workshop this summer.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
So, considering the long lines, what's the best time to show up?
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm scared Ill probably come at 11:00 just in case. I hope the lines aren't too long [Frown]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verloren
Member # 9771

- posted      Profile for Verloren   Email Verloren         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm going around 11:00 too.
Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verloren
Member # 9771

Oh, and now to figure out which books to bring . . .

decisions, decisions. . .

Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

I hope the lines are WAY long, and stay long. [Razz] I need them to last until I'm off work. When I got here (just before 1:00) the line wrapped all the way around the fiction section in the bookstore, probably through four rows of books.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verloren
Member # 9771

Yep, very long line. I just came back after standing in line for 2 hours! And the line was still back to about where I started. I made him sign 2 books and take a picture with me, so I did my part in keeping it nice and long for you ;-)
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back as well. Still probably an hour of line left [Smile]

I did forget to buy my copy of Empire beforehand and so I was left to buy a couple of other books instead.

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

All is well, my husband got here sooner than I expected, so he waited in line and called me when he got towards the front. [Big Grin]
Mindbowels
Member # 7407

- posted      Profile for Mindbowels           Edit/Delete Post 
Still an hour of line left at 5:30 pm Sergeant? That's ridiculous! Cool to see so many passionate fans in Provo! (Is it like this anywhere else he goes?)
Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I was 10th in line. Got him to sign empire and my worthing saga. [Big Grin] Really enjoyed finally meeting Mr. Card.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
He let me take a picture with him. Great guy, and boy is Kristine his better half!
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I waited about an hour and a half and it went on for at least another hour or more. Poor guy's hand will be all cramped up for a week [Cry] .
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, he'll be okay. Don't you know, when the line looks too long for him he sends in his remote-controlled accelerated growth clone cyborg in to do the writing for him? [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.