FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Are the Ornery forums going to be shut down?

Author Topic: Are the Ornery forums going to be shut down?
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
A thread in the Ornery forums has started a rumor that they are going to be shut down soon:

http://www.ornery.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=009572;p=0&r=nfx

Is this true?

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The rumor-starter admitted it was not true on the other side at Ornery.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, thanks so much Kent for making my day so much easier [Smile] Please, oh please, pass the word on Ornery that there is no such plan. That will make my life easier than answering all the emails.

Kristine Card

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidR
Member # 7473

- posted      Profile for DavidR   Email DavidR         Edit/Delete Post 
I copied your message to both threads discussing it over at Ornery a short time ago. I think, though I am not certain, that Kent was trying to shame and scare posters into being more civil in their posts disagreeing with points in OSC's articles. While he seems to have managed to stir up a discussion on the topic, I don't think that he thought through all of the consequences of the method he used.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
So I heard that the kid who's going to play Ender in the movie is shutting the forums down. Is that true?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.