FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender & Bean MasterPiece collection?

Author Topic: Ender & Bean MasterPiece collection?
Pythian
Member # 7080

- posted      Profile for Pythian   Email Pythian         Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping that maybe there would be a whole EnderVerse Collection in stores at one point down the road. Maybe have all the books, and short stories that are tied into the EnderVerse be sold in one GIANT masterpiece pack? Yea, It will probably be like 10-15 years from now (that is hoping that there is more than just the next Shadow book, and Inbetween Ender book coming out, heck, maybe include the movie if it comes out in that time frame [Razz] ) , but still, anyone think that would be a good idea?
Thought, ideas?

Posts: 53 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just hoping for the intergalactic medicine show stories to come out in a book format.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, me too... [Smile]
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Incidentally, you can print out the magazine, and put the pages in a binder all of your own.

Doing this will cost you about $10. Or, you can wait for the year's anthology to come out.

If IGMS chooses to publish all the stories-- that's 33 stories, including OSCs. An anthology that size, even in paperback will typically run about $12-15. Hardback maybe around $20-25.

Say they cut it in half; 15-18 stories. The anthology, if released in paperback, might run between $7-$9.

Buying the magazine now, in electronic format, is a better deal. You get content that's NOT renderable in paper (Comics, audio presentations, etc) in addition to well-told stories.

I don't know what IGMS' plans are for an anthology; I don't even know if they have any. I'm planning on purchasing it, whatever it is. If OSC is true to form with the other anthologies he's edited, he'll probably throw in some essays, maybe some new content he wrote. That will add some value...

But he'll be hard pressed ( [Smile] ) to make it MORE valuable than what's already available (and printable) on the web.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember OSC saying somewhere on these forums that the Enderverse stories will not be released in a printed format. Though Mazer in Prison appeared in Subterranean's Issue #6. I hope he changes his mind though. Even though I've bought all 4 issues, I'd still like to have it in print.
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happysmiley
Member # 9703

- posted      Profile for happysmiley           Edit/Delete Post 
I can imagine my arms falling off just trying to lift it...
Posts: 48 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.