FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Enderverse: World Situation?

Author Topic: Enderverse: World Situation?
Nek
Member # 10545

- posted      Profile for Nek   Email Nek         Edit/Delete Post 
My first post here...

I've been reading through the Shadow Saga recently, and since my freakish obsession is map-making, I was planning on making a series of maps about it (surprise, surprise)

Having said that, I've been paying attention to countries featured in the book, and it seems a bit confusing. My main questions are this: [*]Finally, what are the six nations of China that Bean mentions at the end of SotG? I have Mongolia, Xinjiang, Manchuria and Tibet, but are the other two China and Taiwan, or some weird division I'd never guess in a billion years?

Orson Scott Card, if you're reading this, can you either mail me or post here? Thanks so much.

[LIST] [*]What is Cayenne? [*]Is Amazonas a country or a Brazilian state? [*]Does Runa have coastal access? [*]Is Catalonia the only independent Iberian nation, or did the Basques finally secede as well? [*]Are the central Asian nations part of the Warsaw Pact [*]Is Korea united? [*]Mongolia? I'm assuming it's part of China, as that accounts for the "long Siberian border" mentioned in one book, but...

-Nek

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
once you make the maps let me know. ive been hoping someone would do that for years. Maps Rule!
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

once you make the maps let me know. ive been hoping someone would do that for years. Maps Rule!
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

my computer is messed up. sorry
talsmitde
Member # 9780

- posted      Profile for talsmitde   Email talsmitde         Edit/Delete Post 
Cayenne, I presume, is what's currently French Guyuna, but has become independent by the time the books take place.
Posts: 100 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.