FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Hardcover Hart's Hope?

Author Topic: Hardcover Hart's Hope?
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure this is too much to ask for, but any plans to release another hardcover edition of Hart's Hope? The cheapest used ones are selling for like $70! It's the only OSC book I don't have in Hardcover(well, out of all the OSC books I have) and it's really killing me to look at this flimsy little paperback among this large stack of hardcovers.

I promise to buy as many copies as needed to make it financially feasable to do a reissue!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's probably too much to hope for.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
I promise to buy as many copies as needed to make it financially feasable to do a reissue!

It's probably cheaper to get the one for sale for $70. Several, even.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
okay...so it was an empty promise. [Smile]

Whatever it takes to get that book reprinted!

It's my single favorite Card book, but I understand why it doesn't have the same popularity as the Ender books. I'm sure eventually I'll take the plunge and buy it.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish he'd rewrite the last couple of pages. If not for that, it would be probably in his top 2 or 3.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's on for $25:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=600084564&isbn=0727844563

Check out:
http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=0RlceW,p.W.pJL2t3Rfa6SqYsC4_4448083071_1:1:9

ebay will get some deals on it too. You can set up a watch to alert you to your perferences. Pretty sweet. Got a lot of great OSC off there.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.